Our Classified Advertising Manager, Kelly Zech, wrote a guest blog for us today:
Dark walls can be intimidating things. But I keep bumping into some super amazing-looking rooms that have them, and now I sort of crave one of my own. My dining room is large—and would look totally classy with some dark charcoal gray. I plan on keeping the chair rail, baseboards, and ceiling crispy white. I also would love to use that color to incorporate a small bit of chalkboard wall into a yummy, herby green kitchen. If I put magnetic paint underneath that chalkboard paint, perhaps I can create a sweet cooking spice wall using magnetic spice tins?
These thoughts led me to create a new household color palette of charcoal, beach, and spice and inspired me to create a mood board to think it all though. I want to transition this space into cool, springy tones that bring to mind the first grill out on Lake Michigan in late May.
1. Apartment Therapy
2. Flickr: Rhapsody
3. Hotel San Jose, Austin, TX
4. Domino magazine (RIP), 11/08
5. Flickr: Littlemagpie (PAINT: Knight’s Armor; Olympic Interior Laytex Eggshell)
6. Dick Blick - Color
7. above: herbs from my garden; below: my son on the beach of Lake Michigan
8. Strange Closets Open House: Tim and Megan’s River North apartment
9. Strange Closets
10. Flickr: Bimma
16 hours ago