- My wife loves these appetizer plates from CB2 ($2.95 ea.). The illustrations in this series, called “Oliver,” are all pretty funny and the whole set would make a great hostess gift.
- I love these china farmers’ market baskets from Jayson Home ($20-38). Scaled after the real berry baskets, they are great in the kitchen for fruits and veggies, or just to display as sculpture.
- I’ve been searching for the perfect wine glass for a while and I think I’ve found it in the Oregon collection from Crate and Barrel ($4.46 ea.). The shape and weight will make any two-buck Chuck taste like a $50 Bordeaux (really, there’s no reason to test that, just trust me).
- Speaking of value wines, my favorite wine deal is the 6 for $60 from Just Grapes. I haven’t returned a bottle yet.
- I officially deem the Lego Architecture line too cool for kids. Frank Lloyd Wright’s Robie house is probably my favorite, available at the Chicago Architecture Foundation gift shop ($250).
1 month ago