Preferred File Format: PDF/X-1a
Alternate File Formats Accepted: Native Application Files (MAC ONLY) Adobe CS5.5 (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) or Quark Express 8.1
PC USERS MUST PROVIDE HI RES PDF/X-1a or a PRESS READY PDF.
– PDF files must contain only 4-color process images (CMYK).
– Chicago magazine can not be responsible for PDF files prepared incorrectly.
Image Requirements: All images for ads should be color corrected and provided at or above our minimum resolution requirement of 266 dpi. Image files should be CMYK and in .tif, .eps, or .jpg file format.
Black & White Ads: A laser print is requested
Color Ads: A SWOP Certified* contract level proof is required for color guidance on press. Color laser & ink jet proofs will only be used for content checking and will not serve as color guidance on press. If a SWOP certified proof is not supplied, Chicago magazine cannot guarantee the color reproduction of your ad.
*For more information on SWOP standards and acceptable proofs, please visit www.swop.org or www.idealliance.org.
Pantone (PMS), Metallic, and Day-Glo inks are available at an extra cost, but must be requested in advance. Otherwise, Chicago magazine will convert all spot colors (ie. Pantone) to CMYK. Please convert spot colors to 4/C process on your own if you wish to manage the color conversion. Spot colors cannot be expected to exactly match their CMYK equivalent.
– Spreads should be prepared as separate full page ads to ensure proper bleed. (See full page bleed dimensions)
– Please convert all RGB images and spot colors to CMYK.
– Ads created in an unacceptable format can not be accepted and will need to be resubmitted or recreated.
– All ads submitted should be suitable to print as is. Chicago magazine can not be responsible for any errors in content.
– If files are prepared improperly and mechanical requirements are not met, Chicago magazine can not guarantee the reproduction of the ad.
SUBMITTING FINAL AD MATERIALS:
There are two ways to submit your advertising materials to Chicago magazine:
If you have any questions about the digital requirements or if you are having difficulty conforming your ad to our specifications, contact Jennifer Jezler at (312) 832-6749. For inquiries about inserts please call Vickie Bales, Production Director at (312) 832-6748.
Chicago magazine only; see additional dimensions for our supplemental inserts.
For additional information, including rates, fill out our advertising contact form.