Online Ad Specs
All digital materials should be submitted to email@example.com 7 days prior to the campaign's start date. Please include desired URL, and/or subject line and text-only copy (VIP e-blasts), when applicable. Re-scheduling might occur if not received by this time.
- Chicago magazine reserves the right to limit or refrain from running any banner that is detrimental to user experience. A banner can be deemed "detrimental" for either technical and/or content reasons.
- Color scheme/design cannot match that of Chicago magazine
- No misleading advertisements that mimic operating system errors or dialogue boxes
- GIF-only campaigns are limited to 8 GIF creatives per campaign
- GIF-only campaigns are limited to one creative change per week
- Text link messages will be subject to space limitations determined by Chicago magazine
- Chicago magazine will not alter creative in any way. Files that do not meet specs will need to be re-submitted by client.
- Animation is limited to a maximum of 15 seconds
- All rich media code must be sent in a Text (.txt) attachment, not the body of email
- Chicago magazine requires an alternate GIF image be provided with all Flash creative for non plug-in enabled users
- Rich-Media campaigns are limited to 4 creatives per campaign, one creative chance per month
- Enliven, daughter window and/or any other Rich-Media types that have streaming video and/or audio will be limited to 10% of the total site inventory
- Creative MUST be tested in ALL major browsers and versions prior to sending to Chicago magazine. These browsers include, but are not limited to, Netscape versions 3 & 4 and Microsoft Internet Explorer 3 & 4. Creative that does not function in all browsers will be returned to client.
- Client, agency or creative shop is expected to resolve all issues related to Rich-Media creative. Chicago magazine will not be responsible for modifying or correcting any coding problems related to Rich-Media creative.
- Video is limited to 30 seconds maximum