Other Style & Shopping stories
- Building Stories ($50; City Lit Books, 2523 N. Kedzie Blvd.), a box of books, posters, and assorted ephemera by the cartoonist Chris Ware from Oak Park.
- Fine-art print photographed from a moving airplane ($800; Thomas Robertello Gallery, 27 N. Morgan St.), by Noelle Mason from Logan Square.
- Graphic-design poster reprinted from a 1960s version that hangs in Harold Washington Library ($200; flatma.de), by Flatmade in Lincoln Park.
- Blisner, Ill. ($400, danielpshea.com), a collectors’ edition photography book by Daniel Shea, a regular Chicago contributor.
- Rookie Yearbook One ($30; Quimby’s Bookstore, 1854 W. North Ave.), collected articles, essays, and illustrations from the online magazine edited by Tavi Gevinson from Oak Park.
- Building: Inside Studio Gang Architects ($45; Museum Shop of the Art Institute of Chicago, 111 S. Michigan Ave.), a collaboration between two Chicago-based design stars: the architect Jeanne Gang and the Art Institute curator Zoë Ryan.
- T-shirt ($20; bucktees.us) from a line of graphic tees by Alex Kritikos and Spencer Tweedy, son of Wilco’s Jeff.
- Eccentric Soul: Omnibus Vol. 1 ($250; numerogroup.com/eccentricsoul), a boxed set of rare soul singles on vinyl reissued by Numero Group in Little Village.
- The Open Door: 100 Poems, 100 Years of “Poetry” Magazine ($20; Book Cellar, 4736 N. Lincoln Ave.), the city’s esteemed poetry institution’s centennial publication.
- Meanwhile ($16; cedillerecords.org), the latest CD release from Chicago’s Grammy-winning new-music ensemble Eighth Blackbird.
- The Kartemquin Films Collection: The Early Years ($75; kartemquin.com), a three-DVD boxed set of early work by the documentary film studio behind The Interrupters.
16 hours ago