Holiday 2012 Gift Guide: For Imbibers
Locavores, rejoice! The season’s perfect presents for the discerning drinker, made or designed in Chicago
- The New Old Bar ($20; Unabridged Bookstore, 3251 N. Broadway), a cocktail book written by Lake View’s Hearty Boys caterers and published by Agate Publishing in Evanston.
- Champagne and liqueur glasses ($79 and $67 a pair, respectively; fferronedesign.com) created by Fferrone Design in Printers Row.
- Aquavit ($32; West Lakeview Liquors, 2156 W. Addison St.) made by North Shore Distillery in Lake Bluff.
- Rye whiskey ($74; Lush Wine & Spirits, 1257 S. Halsted St.) distilled by Few Spirits in Evanston.
- Mr. Newport lemon-lime mixer ($2; City Provisions), formulated by Filbert’s Distributing & Bottling Co. in McKinley Park.
- Gin ($34; Standard Market, 333 E. Ogden Ave., Westmont) crafted by Letherbee Distillers in North Center.
- Cocktail infuser ($99; crucialdetail.com) engineered by Crucial Detail in West Town.
- One hundred percent blue agave spirit ($40; Binny’s, 1132 S. Jefferson St.) bottled by Tailwinds Distilling Company in Plainfield.
- Cocktail cherries ($13; Provenance Food and Wine, 2528 N. California Ave.) preserved by Mess Hall & Co. in Bridgeport.
- Holiday ale ($9; Vas Foremost Liquors, 2300 N. Milwaukee Ave.) concocted by Revolution Brewing in Avondale.