Gifts that give back
Portions of the proceeds from items in blue benefit charitable organizations.
1. Wool blanket designed by Maya Mueble in Logan Square
2. Italian Lycra racing jersey illustrated by Amelia Strong for Tenspeed Hero in West Town
3. Hand-painted steel bud vase designed by Felicia Ferrone in Albany Park
$238, Gild Assembly, 2110 N. Damen Ave., gildassembly.com.
4. Handblown frosted glass cocktail set designed by Craighton Berman of Manual in North Park
5. Calf suede moccasins with rubber pebble sole handmade in Italy and customized by Eredità Shoes in River North
6. Oxford nylon and Italian leather tote bag—featuring Kerry James Marshall’s Untitled (Painter)—designed by MZ Wallace for the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
$225, 220 E. Chicago Ave., mcachicagostore.org.
7. Magnetic wooden building blocks created by ClickBlock in Rolling Meadows
$130 for a 63-piece set, clickblock.com.
8. Bronze cuff hand-cast by Mia Beckman in Lincoln Park
9. Brass piggy bank designed by Jayson Home in Lincoln Park
$158, 1885 N. Clybourn Ave., jaysonhome.com.
10. Stainless steel, sapphire glass, Japanese quartz, and Italian leather watch designed by Le Coeur Watch Co. in River West
Five percent of the profits from each watch sold are donated to select charities, including Americans for Immigrant Justice. $180, lecoeurwatches.com.
5 days ago