Chicago is one pet-obsessed town. (Where else are you going to find a French bulldog with more than a million Instagram followers?) This week, we’re exploring the ups and downs of our relationships with four-legged friends and other urban animals. From extreme pet pampering, to a doctor who gives acupuncture to iguanas, to how a pet-friendly office can start becoming people-unfriendly, we’ll look at the way Chicagoans live—or thrive, or cope—with the animals that surround us.
Stay tuned for stories rolling out all week—some from our July print issue, some specially for the website—by bookmarking this page or signing up to get a one-time email at the end of the week with links to all our coverage (see below).
Contributing: Dana Driskill, Melissa Maleske, Carrie Schedler, Kerry Trotter, Lauren Williamson, and Claire Zulkey
2016 Pets Week:
- The Rise of Cats
- The Contrarian Perspective: I Hate My Dog-Friendly Office
- Is Bazooka the Beagle Chicago’s Luckiest Dog?
- Extreme Pet Pampering
- The Insider’s Guide to Pet-Friendly Chicago
- How to Be a Seeing-Eye Human
- Studs Terkel: “I Hate Dogs”
- Chicago Shelters’ Longest Tenants—And Why You Should Adopt Them
- 19 Things to Do With Your Pet This Summer and Fall
- The Welcome Waggin’ Makes House Calls for Pets
- How I Met the Mayor and Became Part of the Neighborhood
- Poking Iguanas: An Exotic Animal Acupuncturist’s Story
- 8 Chicago Pet Instagrams You Should Be Following
- The Most Chicago-Style Dog? A Look at the Doggie Data
- The #ChiMagPets Photo Contest
Previous pet stories you might like:
- Meet Sporty, the Downtown Dog Who Walks Himself
- How Manny the Frenchie Became Chicago’s Most Famous Dog
- Mutt Versus Jeff: One Animal-Ignorer’s Experience with the Wild New Family Dog
2 days ago