50 Most Beautiful Chicagoans

50 Most Beautiful Chicagoans

MODEL CITIZENS: Meet our cast of 50 stunning locals

When we called for nominations, we asked: “Who is the most beautiful person you know?” Judging by the flood of responses, Chicago does not want for attractive men and women. Employing an entirely subjective, utterly nonscientific process, we picked the top 50, who then amiably let us dress them up and take their pictures. Beauty may be only skin deep—but our fabulous 50 turned out to be good company as well.

Sasha Adler

marketing director

Jordan Williams
Jordan Williams

graphic designer

comments
Posted by Sage

Ooooh. All of these people are either washed-out of have too much makeup.

The only natural beauty seems to be the interior designer---and he's a guy.

Posted by rmos

Where's Ginger Zee?

Posted by WOW

Does beautiful mean wearing a funny hat, tie, hair or a lot of makeup? Come on people, in a metro area of 8 or 9 million people, this is the best? Weak at best! We would be crushed against New York and LA's beautiful. We might stand a chance against Fargo.

Posted by dpendley

Very sad. Sign of the times...shallow, mindless dribble. Is this really newsworthy?

How about Chicagos most beautiful people as measured by how much they contribute to this City? Arloa Sutter started and has been the director of Breakthrough Ministries for over 20 years. Her organization provides housing, food, and job training for hurting people. Now that is a beautiful person!

Let's teach our young people to define beauty by the content of ones character vs. facial proportions and body type.

Posted by J.T.

Hi, DPendley,
Thanks for your comment. We respectfully disagree (the lovely people featured here are serious and interesting) and point you to our Chicagoans of the Year feature, which we have done for the past 18 years, if inspiration is what you're looking for.

The URL is here:

Posted by d.j.

How come some of these people do not live in chicago, and are not from chicago? How does this make them a mots beutiful chicagoan?

Posted by dpendley

I have an idea...The 50 most beautiful people in Chicago measured by their contribution to others, or the content of their character!

Need some help? How about Arloa Sutter. She started Breakthrough Ministries over 20 years ago and has helped thousands of broken people find shelter, food, and jobs. That is so much more beautiful than facial proportions and body type.

This is so sad, so shallow, so TMZ. I have 2 teenage daughters and I hope they aspire to be so much more than this article.

Posted by Sluticus

Wow. I'm from Chicago and I am going to blame this on winter recently got back after living in LA while I don't expect us to compete with Los Angeles or even Miami I can tell you that this is NOT a representative sampling. Luckily for us blame it on winter or something. I suspect these are the people that the myopic magazine people run into. There is not one that I would consider even a Chicago 10. I highly disagree I'll help you guys out on the list next year.

Posted by okeedokee

All the complaining about who is or isn't beautiful only leads others to conclude that you are jealous and insecure. Isn't envy one of the seven deadly sins?

What's more beautiful? Sharp's playing or Hudson's voice?

Posted by wutangforever

For years now I've been telling my friends that Chicago women really aren't all that hot, thank you Chicagomag.com for finally proving my point. Yeesh...

Posted by HighlandPark4Ever

I so agree with DPendley. Our society becomes further fractured by mindless features like this. Beauty is not measured by bone structure and skin tone. Look at Ted Bundy; Handsome man, but an animal inside. Superficial articles like these undermine the credibility of the publisher, the participants and the city in which it originates. It only reinforces the stigma Chicago seems to want to own: While New York creates and LA remakes, Chicago merely reads about it.

Posted by grace

In reading some of the above comments, I too have to ask about the qualifications of the "50 Most Beautiful Chicagoans". It seems to me that only physical beauty was considered. But, true beauty is more than skin deep. It's about caring and compassion, helping one's fellow man, and moral fiber. There is one particular individual on this list who has had an affair or affairs with a man or men. Does she really exhibit true beauty? Does a complete lack of moral fiber have any bearing on her beauty? Does she conduct her professional life with the same lack of morality as she does her personal one? I think Chicago Magazine could do a better job in its selection process.

Posted by Honest Observer

Did these people nominate themselves???

I know one person on this list on a professional basis, and I can say with complete confidence and with no reservations that she is the most horrible person I have ever met.

Seriously, do a little background on these people before running this type of article. The person in question on this list almost had me quitting my job rather dealing with her today

Posted by cjax

Hello, it's 2011, it's not about "Most beautiful people..." anywhere. Get a clue.

Posted by slynn

Unfortunately for the people pictured here, there seems to be a lot of retouching of the photographs, which makes them seem plastic. They probably would look more authentic (and naturally beautiful) without the art director's heavy hand with retouching.

Posted by Sessie

Omg! They should have asked me first before doing this! I know many chicagoans and these are not ones for this! Sorry!!!

Posted by Erin32007

No redheads? Tsk tsk Chicagomag...

Posted by Chicagoan39

I love these comments. Thank god for the sane people in this amazing city of yours. in terms of these 50 adults... im not even sure what to think. None are really my type (Not that anyone cares about that) but I love the honesty, charm, and wit in these comments. I went to nyc for a year and being back in chicago is the best thing thats ever happened. Not thanks to these 50 people but the people who critique them honestly. They are pretty but there is a lot more to beauty than what these 50 are offering.

Love Chicagoans!

Posted by Carrieberry1313

What on earth? First of all, going off of only looks, they don't even touch the top 10,in my opinion. Secondly, why not have an article that talks about the most beautiful person in terms of accomplishments and contribution to society.