Edit Module Edit Module
Other Arts & Culture stories
Fall Culture Guide
- Cyndi Lauper Ventures into Broadway with 'Kinky Boots'
- Mormons React to ‘The Book of Mormon’
- Andrew Hinderaker on Writing Plays from the Gut
- Chicago's Fresh Comedic Talent
- 10 Must-See Plays
- Choreographer Alejandro Cerrudo Premieres 'One Thousand Pieces'
- Five Must-See Dance Acts
- Fran Lebowitz on Spotting Talent
- Chicago Architecture Foundation, Classical Composers Team Up for Open House Chicago
- Five Must-See Classical Events
Film and TV
- Q&A with Michael Shannon
- Reality (TV) Check on Millennials
- Chicago TV Actors to Watch
- Roberta Duchak on Coaching Russell Crowe
Art and Design
There are very few good artists in a generation. Period. You have to be born with talent. Writing school to me is as if there were a tall school. You can’t learn to be a good writer; you can’t learn to be tall.
Illustration: John Kenzie
2 days ago