SOURCE: STRATFOR GLOBAL INTELLIGENCE; U.S. DRUG ENFORCEMENT ADMINISTRATION; COURT FILINGS
1. The Sinaloa cartel buys cocaine from producers in the Andean highlands.
2. Cocaine moves to harbors in Colombia.
Price: $5,000 to $7,000
3. From Colombia, cocaine moves through various parts of Mexico, often along the Sinaloa-controlled Pacific coast or in cities along Mexico’s Caribbean coastline.
4. Next, it’s smuggled across the U.S. border, usually at crossings along Southern California or Texas.
5. Cocaine arrives in Chicago. Some stays there.
6. The rest moves on to other U.S. cities—including Milwaukee, Detroit, Cleveland, and those on the East Coast—and beyond into Canada.
Price: Varies by market
4 days ago