NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Chicago Giveaways Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) starts at 12:00 p.m. (CT) on October 28, 2016, and ends at 11:59 p.m. (CT) on November 11, 2016 (“Sweepstakes Period”). This Sweepstakes will be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all entrants agree to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges and Sponsor. The Sweepstakes is intended for play in the United States only, and is void where prohibited and outside the Sweepstakes area set forth below. Do not participate if you are not eligible and not located in the United States at the time of entry.
1) Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents residing in the Illinois counties of Cook, Lake, McHenry, Kane, DuPage, or Will; Kenosha County, Wisconsin; or Lake County, Indiana who are 21 years and older as of the first day of the Sweepstakes Period. Employees (and their immediate household or family members) of Chicagoland Publishing Company, LLC, publisher of Chicago magazine, and any of its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, prize providers, promotion and delivery contractors and/or public relations companies associated with this Sweepstakes, are not eligible to participate. Immediate family members includes spouse, parents, siblings, and children. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that all eligibility requirements are met as well as proof of ownership of the email address associated with the winning entry. Void where prohibited and outside the above-listed area.
2) How to Enter:
During the Sweepstakes Period, go to www.chicagomag.com/chicagogiveaways
and may be updated from time to time.
3) Winners & Notification: On or about the first business day after the close of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will select potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. Sponsor will make all decisions in any and all issues related to this Sweepstakes, and its decisions will be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will attempt to contact potential winner by email or telephone. Winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing from among all remaining entries if: (a) winner does not claim his or her prize within 72 hours of first notification attempt; (b) winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements; (c) winner does not adhere to the Official Rules; (d) winner does not provide required identification or documents by the deadlines set by Sponsor; and/or (e) if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, refused, or declined.
4) Prize and Delivery: There is one (1) grand prize. The grand prize is: two (2) tickets to a Chicago Architecture Foundation Walking Tour (Passes not redeemable in whole or part for cash and not valid for phone or internet orders. Pass valid only for walking tours and must be presented at time of tour. Some walking tours may require additional admission not included in this voucher. Tours depart rain or shine.); two (2) passes to the Chicago History Museum; two (2) ticket vouchers for a Chicago Symphony Orchestra performance during the 2016/2017 season (Good for Main Floor, Lower Balcony, or Best Available tickets. Expires 6/16/2017. Restrictions apply.); two (2) tickets to Joyce DiDonato at Harris Theater on 12/9/2016; two (2) admission tickets to the Illinois Holocaust Museum; two (2) tickets to The Joffrey Ballet’s Game Changers winter program February 15-16, 2017 (Tickets good for best available (excluding level 1) seating at time of redemption. Expires 2/26/17.); two (2) tickets to Lyric Opera (Any Monday–Saturday performance of Lucia di Lammermoor, Don Quichotte, The Magic Flute, Norma, Carmen, Eugene Onegin, or any 4/28-5/6 performance of My Fair Lady.); two (2) tickets to the Brick by Brick exhibit at Museum of Science & Industry (Blackout dates apply – 11/23-11/27, 12/22-12/31. Expires 1/31.). Value: not more than $1,200.
Prize will be mailed to the winner. Sponsor not responsible for loss, delay, or damage in delivery. Winner is solely responsible for any applicable federal, state and local taxes in connection with the prize. Prize substitutions are not allowed, and prize is not transferable. Only Sponsor may elect, at its discretion, to substitute a prize of greater or equal value because of lack of availability. If prize is tickets to an event and the event does not occur for any reason, no alternate prize will be awarded. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Properly claimed prize will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
5) Other Conditions: By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release, waive and hold harmless Sponsor and their affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations and advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents from any and all injuries, claims, damages, losses, costs, or expenses of any kind (including without limitation attorney’s fees) resulting from accessing the Sweepstakes website; submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes; the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded; preparing for, participating in or traveling to and/or from any prize-related activity, or; any printing, typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of any prize. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules or the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance. Sponsor also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes. If there is any discrepancy between any term of these Official Rules and marketing or entry materials used in connection with the Sweepstakes, the Official Rules will govern.
By accepting the prize, winner agrees, where legal, to allow Sponsor and its agents and licensees to use winner’s name, voice, photograph, likeness, any statement provided by winner, and any information provided on the entry form, in any medium of communication, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, without additional compensation.
6) Internet/Fraud/Tampering: If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or if this Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Sweepstakes and processing of entries in accordance with these Official Rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion thereof. If this Sweepstakes is cancelled, the Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to award prize from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted at the Sweepstakes website. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE (INCLUDING THE ENTRY SITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at its sole discretion, Sponsor finds such entrant shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) in an annoying, threatening or harassing manner; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Sponsor assumes no liability for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; or (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or the Sweepstakes website or any combination thereof.
7) In Case of Dispute: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or prize awarded, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. This Sweepstakes will be governed and enforced pursuant to Illinois law, excluding choice of law provisions. The federal and state courts located in Cook County, Illinois will be the exclusive forum for any dispute regarding any Official Rule or activity associated with the Sweepstakes. All entrants agree, by participation in the Sweepstakes, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in Cook County, Illinois.
8) Official Rules/Winner List:
For an Official Winner List (available after the end of the Sweepstakes Period), or a copy of these Official Rules, send a request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Chicago magazine, 777 W. Chicago Ave., Floor 3 Atrium, Chicago, IL, 60654. Official Rules are also available at www.chicagomag.com/chicagogiveaways
. All requests for Official Rules or Winner List must be received within 60 days of the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
9) Sponsor: Chicagoland Publishing Company, LLC, 777 W. Chicago Ave., Floor 3 Atrium, Chicago, IL, 60654.