Door County Giveaway Official Rules
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Door County Giveaway (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by ChicagoMag.com, a website of the Chicago Tribune Company LLC (“Sponsor”) and Door County Visitor Bureau (together the “Promotion Parties”). This Promotion is only offered in the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia (the “Promotion Area”). Void outside the Promotion Area and where prohibited.
- Promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws. Sponsor shall be entitled to interpret these Official Rules as needed — including but not limited to rules regarding entries, deadlines, winner selection, prize restrictions, and eligibility — and all of its decisions are final. By entering, entrants agree to these Official Rules.
- Promotion begins on May 16, 2013 and ends on August 16, 2013. Final entry deadline is August 15, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. Central Time ("CT"). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion. Drawings to determine winners will be held on or about June 15, 2013, July 15, 2013 and August 15, 2013.
- To be eligible, each entrant must be at least twenty-one (21) years old and a legal resident of the Promotion Area (defined above).
- Officers, directors, members and employees of Sponsor, Door County Visitor Bureau, any prize supplier or any entity directly involved in the development or administration of this Promotion, and the members of their immediate families (defined as spouse, parents, siblings or children), are not eligible to enter or win.
- First Monthly Prize (1): Prize includes only: (a) a $50 gift certificate redeemable at Fred & Fuzzy’s Waterfront Bar & Grill, 10260 Little Sister Road, Sister Bay, WI; (b) a $25 gift certificate redeemable at GLAS, the Green Coffeehouse, 67 East Maple St. Suite B, Sturgeon Bay, WI; and (c) a gift certificate redeemable for two (2) nights' accommodations (one bedroom courtyard view suite) for winner and one guest (a “Guest”) at Baileys Harbor Yacht Club Resort, 8151 Ridges Road, Baileys Harbor, WI. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $300.
- Second Monthly Prize (1): Prize includes only: (a) a $50 gift certificate redeemable at Fred & Fuzzy’s Waterfront Bar & Grill; (b) a $25 gift certificate redeemable at Kick Coffee, 148 N. Third Ave., Sturgeon Bay, WI; and (c) a gift certificate redeemable for two (2) nights' accommodations (one bedroom courtyard view suite) for winner and Guest at Baileys Harbor Yacht Club Resort. ARV: $300.
- Third Monthly Prize (1): Prize includes only (a) a $50 gift certificate redeemable at Gibraltar Grill, 3993 Main Street (Hwy 42), Fish Creek, WI; (b) a $50 Door County Visitor Bureau Gift Certificate redeemable at participating Door County merchants; and (c) a gift certificate redeemable for two (2) nights' accommodations (one bedroom courtyard view suite) for winner and Guest at Baileys Harbor Yacht Club Resort. ARV: $325.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- Actual value of any prize may vary based on departure points, transportation means and industry fluctuations. If the actual value of prize awarded is less than the stated ARV, winner will not be entitled to any reimbursement or compensation for such difference.
- All details of prizes shall be at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Each winner assumes sole responsibility for all expenses and incidental costs associated with prize not explicitly outlined above, including without limitation, any federal, state and local income, sales, use or other taxes, passport expenses, fees, passenger tariffs or duties, airline or airport fees, security fees, baggage charges, service charges, facility charges, surcharges, upgrades, meals, beverages, alcoholic beverages, tips, gratuities, parking, sightseeing, souvenirs, trip insurance, all lodging and transportation expenses not expressly included above, and incidentals.
- Baileys Harbor Yacht Club accommodations are subject to availability and confirmation of reservations, exclude July, August and Festival weekends and must be used in their entirety no later than December 31, 2014. Other restrictions/blackout dates may apply. Baileys Harbor Yacht Club may require credit card or cash deposit for incidentals. Any Guest must be at least eighteen (18) years old or accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and will be required to execute and return a liability release and (where legal) publicity release prior to confirmation of reservations. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any air or ground transportation.
- Gift certificate prizes are subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by respective issuers. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen certificates or similar items.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash and may not be sold, bartered or auctioned. Prizes may not be transferred or substituted except that Sponsor in its discretion may substitute a prize, or portion thereof, with a prize or portion of equal or greater value if it deems necessary. Any such changes will be announced.
- Any portion of any prize not used by any winner is forfeit and no cash substitute will be offered or permitted. Prizes offered are provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by Promotion Parties. Merchandise prizes carry no warranty other than that offered by manufacturer. Promotion Parties have neither made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Other restrictions apply.
- Entries will be accepted beginning May 16, 2013 at 12:01 a.m. CT and ending August 15, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. CT. To enter, visit www.chicagomag.com/chicago-magazine/promotion/2013-Deer-County-Giveaway (the “Promotion Page”) and complete the entry form with all required information, which includes your full name and e-mail address.
- To be eligible for a particular monthly drawing, all entries must be received by Sponsor no later than 11:59 p.m. CT on the day before the scheduled drawing. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor will not accept screen shots as proof of entry.
- Limit one (1) entry per person and per email address. Additional entries received from any such person or email address thereafter will be void. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, script, macro, or any other automated means or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest-entry services or multiple or different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations or logins) are prohibited and will void all entries submitted by that entrant. Non-winning entries will carry forward to subsequent drawings during the Promotion Period.
- Entries must include a valid e-mail address for the entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of passive or active filtering of any kind. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on an e-mail address, the entry will be deemed made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address used for entry. The Authorized Account Holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by the relevant Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the corresponding domain.
- Entrants who fail to provide any required information may be disqualified without further notification by Sponsor. Promotion Parties are not responsible for entries that are lost, misdirected, garbled, distorted, truncated, incomplete, illegible, incorrect or late for any reason, and all such entries are void. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time that in its opinion does not comply with these Official Rules. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION OF MONTHLY PRIZE WINNERS
- On June 15, 2013, July 15, 2013 and August 15, 2013, or within a reasonable time thereafter, Sponsor or its designee will randomly choose one (1) name from all timely entries received. Subject to verification of eligibility, the persons whose names are so drawn will be declared the monthly prize winners.
Sponsor will contact each potential winner in accordance with the information supplied to Sponsor on his or her Official Entry Form. Each winner may be required to present valid photo identification, signed affidavit or declaration of eligibility, liability release, publicity release (where legal), tax forms and/or other legal documents to Sponsor no later than five (5) days after initial notification.. Sponsor in its sole discretion may allow transmission of verification documents via fax.
- In the event that any potential winner (a) cannot be contacted directly by, or does not respond to, Sponsor within forty-eight (48) hours of initial attempted notification, (b) fails to satisfy any eligibility or verification requirement herein, (c) declines to accept the prize, (d) or is otherwise determined to be ineligible, Sponsor in its discretion may disqualify that individual and, an alternate winner will be chosen by random drawing as soon as reasonably practicable after such disqualification. Any alternate winners are subject to all eligibility requirements and restrictions of these Official Rules. Up to three (3) alternate drawings will be attempted. If an eligible winner cannot be confirmed for a particular prize after three (3) alternate drawings, no further drawings will be conducted for that prize and that prize will not be awarded.
- Upon verification of eligibility and in Sponsor’s sole discretion, the names of winners may be posted on the Promotion Pages and/or Sponsor’s websites, including ChicagoMag.com.
- By accepting a prize, each winner agrees to award Sponsor the right to publicize his or her name, photographs (including the use and appearance of winner's photograph on Sponsor’s web page), likeness, biographical information, e-mail address, voice and details of winning for purposes of this and future promotions without further compensation, except where prohibited.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
- Entrants agree that ChicagoMag.com, the Chicago Tribune Company, LLC, the Tribune Company, Door County Visitor Bureau, any other company involved in the development or administration of this Promotion, and a range of subsidiaries, directors, agents, agencies, affiliates, franchisees, promoters, officers, directors, employees and related persons (collectively, “Released Parties”): (a) are not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to lost, disconnected, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail, or for any failed telephone or computer hardware or software, or for any failed, delayed, misdirected, corrupted, or garbled transmissions or errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, or for entries that for any reason are not received by Sponsor by the deadlines stated above; (b) are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or in the printing of this offer, administration of this Promotion, or in the announcement of the prizes; (c) are not responsible for any injury or damage to any computer, modem or other electrical device as a result of participation in this Promotion or downloading of any software or materials; (d) are not responsible for unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Promotion; (e) are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error that may occur in the administration of the Promotion, the acceptance of entries, the selection of winners, the prizes or otherwise in any Promotion-related materials; (f) are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any entry; (g) are not responsible for the inability to select winners because of postal failure, equipment failure, or data storage failure; and (h) are released from any and all alleged, existing, or future actions, claims, and/or liabilities of whatever nature including, but not limited to, personal injury, bodily injury (including, without limitation, wrongful death and disability), property damage, and expense (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) and loss or damage of any other kind, arising in whole or in part directly or indirectly, from participating in the Promotion (in whole or in part), the use (including modification, adaptation, and reproduction) of entry materials during or after the Promotion, and the delivery, acceptance, possession, redemption, use, misuse, loss, or misdirection of any prize.
- RELEASED PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES MADE OR OFFERED BY ADVERTISERS, PARTNERS, MANUFACTURERS OR SUPPLIERS, INCLUDING THOSE RELATED TO THE PRIZE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RELEASED PARTIES BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION AND/OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED AND/OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE PROMOTION OR FOR ERRORS OR ANOMALIES RESULTING IN THE UNINTENDED OR ERRONEOUS PARTICIPATION, AWARD OF ANY PRIZE OR OTHER BENEFITS UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES. RELEASED PARTIES OFFER NO ASSURANCES, GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES THAT THE PROMOTION OR RELATED WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE PROMOTION. RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE, AND ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE, FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RELATED TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN OR INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROMOTION, WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARE DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL.
- BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION AND/OR ACCEPTING A PRIZE, YOU AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY YOU AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE, INJURY OR LOSS TO PERSON (INCLUDING DEATH) OR PROPERTY RELATED IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, TO ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, REDEMPTION, USE OR MISUSE OF PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY, USE BY A RELEASED PARTY OF ANY ENTRY, PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION, OR ANY OTHER CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST A RELEASED PARTY.
- SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
- Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Promotion is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Promotion.
- Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate this Promotion or any part thereof, in the event that Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that the security, administration, fairness and/or operation of the Promotion has been corrupted or impaired by any non-authorized intervention, network failure, information storage failure, telecommunications failure, malfunction, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s control. In such an event, Sponsor will post notice of same at the Promotion Pages and select the remaining winners by conducting a random drawing from among all non-suspect entries received prior to the suspension, cancellation or termination of the Promotion or in such other manner as Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems fair and appropriate under the circumstances.
- Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual from further participation in the Promotion if Sponsor concludes, in its sole discretion, that such person (a) has attempted to tamper with the entry process or other operation of the Promotion, (b) has repeatedly disregarded or has attempted to circumvent these Official Rules, or (c) has acted towards any of Promotion Parties or any other entrant in an unfair, inequitable, deliberately annoying, threatening, disrupting or harassing manner.
- Sponsor reserves the right to pursue any and all civil remedies against any person who attempts to defraud or tamper with this Promotion. Tampering includes attempting to enter more than the number of times permitted herein, including through the use of any prohibited device or method. Any failure by Sponsor to enforce any of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such Official Rules. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PURSUE ANY AVAILABLE DAMAGES OR REMEDIES AGAINST SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- All activity arising out of and relating to the Promotion is subject to verification and/or auditing for compliance with the Official Rules and you agree to cooperate with Sponsor concerning verification and/or auditing. If verification activity or an audit evidences non-compliance of an entry or entrant with the Official Rules as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify that entry and/or entrant from the Promotion at any time. All references to an entrant's status as a "winner" are subject to verification and/or auditing by Sponsor.
- Sponsor reserves the right to correct typographical or clerical errors in any promotion-related materials. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing from among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- By entering the Promotion, entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. Some jurisdictions do not allow for limitations on the ability to pursue class action remedies, or certain kinds of damages, and so these limitations may not apply to you. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants or Promotion Parties in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois.
- All entrants expressly agree that any legal proceedings arising out of or relating in any way to this Promotion or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the federal or state courts located in the Cook County, Chicago, and further consent to the mandatory and exclusive jurisdiction in such courts with respect to any such legal proceedings.
- 40. In the event that any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
WINNERS' LIST/OFFICIAL RULES
- For a copy of the Official Rules or the final Winners' List, visit the Promotion Pages or ChicagoMag.com or mail a SASE to: Door County Giveaway c/o ChicagoMag.com, 435 N. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL 60611, specifying either “Winners' List” or “Official Rules Request.” Vermont and Washington residents may omit return postage. Winners' List will be available after September 16, 2013.