Official Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Chicago magazine Tablet Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) starts at 12:00:01 AM CT on Thursday, April 16, 2015 and ends at noon CT on Saturday, May 16, 2015 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Chicago magazine Tablet Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Chicago magazine, a publication of Tribune Publishing Company (“Chicago magazine” or “Sponsor). This Sweepstakes is subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, each entrant agrees to abide and be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges and Sponsor.
1. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents residing in the Illinois counties of Cook, Lake, McHenry, Kane, Dupage, or Will; Kenosha County, Wisconsin; or Lake County, Indiana, who are 21 years and older as of the first day of the Sweepstakes Period. Employees (and their immediate family members (defined as spouse, parents, siblings or children) or household members (whether or not related) of Tribune Publishing Company, which owns and operates Chicago magazine (“Sponsor”) and of its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, Prize Provider, promotion contractors and/or public relations companies associated with this Sweepstakes, are not eligible to participate. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that all eligibility requirements are met as well as proof of ownership of the email address associated with the winning entry. Void where prohibited and outside area set forth above. This Sweepstakes will be governed and enforced pursuant to Illinois state law, excluding choice of law provisions.
2. How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, go to iTunes or Google Play and download or upgrade the Chicago magazine tablet app to enter the Sweepstakes. Then, you must click on the sweepstakes banner ad and follow all instructions to complete an entry in its entirety, and your contact information must be accurate. If there is a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the holder of the email account will be deemed the person who submitted the entry. All app-based entries must be received by the close of the Sweepstakes Period. You may also enter by mailing your name, date of birth, email address, and home address to Marketing Director, Chicago Magazine, 435 North Michigan Avenue, Ste. 1100, Chicago, IL 60611. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by March 14, 2015 and received by March 20, 2015. Limit one entry per mailing envelope. Incomplete entries will be disqualified, and Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, deleted, garbled, corrupted, postage-due. misdelivered, or misdirected. The computer clock of Sponsor’s webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes. Limit one entry per person, regardless of method of entry; entries in excess of these limits will be disqualified. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Sponsor not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind. The use of automated or third party software or web site to enter is prohibited. All received entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
3. Winner and Notification: On or about Friday, March 20, 2015, Sponsor will select potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. Sponsor will make all final decisions in any and all issues related to this Sweepstakes, and its decisions will be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will attempt to contact potential winner by email. Winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing from among all remaining entries if: (a) winner does not claim his or her prize within 72 hours of the first notification attempt; (b) winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements; (c) winner does not adhere to the Official Rules; and/or (d) if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, refused, or declined.
Prize and Delivery: One Grand Prize: Grand Prize is a $200 gift card to Eataly and two (2) tickets to “On Your Feet!” Broadway in Chicago musical at the Oriental Theater in Chicago on Wednesday, June 12, 2015. Total ARV of prize: $380.
Sponsor not responsible if show is cancelled or missed for any reason, and no alternate prize will be awarded. Tickets and gift card are subject to terms and conditions thereon. If winner is unable to use the tickets on the designated date, that portion of the prize will be forfeit, and no alternate prize will be awarded. Seat location in sold discretion of Sponsor and prize provider.
The winner is solely responsible for any applicable federal, state and local taxes in connection with winner’s prize. Prize substitutions are not allowed, and prize is not transferable. Only Sponsor may elect, at its discretion, to substitute a prize of greater or equal value because of lack of availability. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. All expenses not specifically provided for herein are the responsibility of the prize winner. Properly claimed prize will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules. Prize vouchers and gift card will be sent by mail to the confirmed mailing address provided by winner. Sponsor not responsible for loss, delay or damage in delivery. Guest of winner must be 21 or older and may be also required to sign and return Release prior to participating in prize with winner.
5. Other Conditions: Winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release as well as certain tax documents, and, if so, any required documentation must be signed and returned to Sponsor within 48 hours of the time Sponsor sends it to winner and prior to receipt of prize. Failure to return such documentation will result in that winner being disqualified, and Sponsor may randomly draw another winner from among all remaining eligible entries. A Form 1099 will be issued to winner for the value of the prize and reported to applicable state and federal tax agencies
By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release, waive and hold harmless Sponsor, prize providers and their affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations and advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents from any and all injuries, claims, damages, losses, costs, or expenses of any kind (including without limitation attorney’s fees) resulting from accessing the Sweepstakes website; submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes; the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded; preparing for, participating in or traveling to and/or from any prize-related activity, or; any printing, typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of any prize. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules or the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance. Sponsor also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or prize awarded, will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
By accepting the prize, winner agrees, where legal, to allow Sponsor and its agents and licensees to use winner’s name, voice, photographs, likenesses, any statement provided by winner, and any information provided on the entry form, in any medium of communication, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, in perpetuity, without limitation and without additional compensation, permission, or notification.
6. Internet/Fraud/Tampering: If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or if this Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Sweepstakes and processing of entries in accordance with these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the app-based portion of this Sweepstakes. If this Sweepstakes is cancelled, the Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to award prize from among all eligible, non-suspect app-based entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation and all mail-in entries received by the date set forth above. If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted at the Sweepstakes webpage: chicagomag.com/tablet-contest-rules.com. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE (INCLUDING THE ENTRY SITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at its sole discretion, Sponsor finds such entrant shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Sponsor assumes no liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; or (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or iTunes or Google Play or any combination thereof.
7. Winner List: For an Official Winner List (available after June 1, 2015) send a request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Chicago magazine Tablet Sweepstakes Winner List, Chicago Magazine, 435 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611. All requests for Winner List must be received by March 31, 2015.
8. Sponsor: Chicago Tribune Company, LLC (Chicago magazine), 435 N. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL 60611. American Airlines, Apple and Google are not sponsors of or involved in the Sweepstakes in any manner. iTunes and Google Play are not sponsors of or involved in the Sweepstakes in any manner.