1–2. Waylande Gregory gold-and-white Lava salt and pepper shakers add luster to a dinner party, $135 for the pair, at Space 519. L’Objet’s small ceramic bowl finished with 24-karat gold is a tribute to the designs of Mariano Fortuny, $75, at Elements.
3. Party-perfect macarons from Hsing Chen, executive pastry chef at The Peninsula, $26 a dozen, at Pierrot Gourmet.
4. It may not be a bauble, but the box is still Tiffany blue. Two decks of playing cards, $30,
at Tiffany & Co.
5. Les 4 Mondes coloring book with 24 suitable-for-framing designs, $140, at Hermès.
6. Ruby-red crystal dragon, about three inches tall, $260, at Lalique.
7–9. Oh, for a big wedge of Cravero aged Parmigiano-Reggiano! It’s $30 a pound, at Pastoral. Walnut board with leather strap, $130, and horn-handled cheese knife, $28, at Jayson Home.
10. Kim Seybert’s 14-inch Markham place mat of capiz shells $96, at Barneys.
11. Design House Stockholm’s Whale tongs of jamjuree wood are some pretty great grabbers, $50, at Skändal.
12. Handsome nappa leather paperweight, about four by five inches, $150, at Bottega Veneta.
13. Light up someone’s life with a gold crystal match holder (and striker) from Aerin Lauder’s new line of home accessories, $190, at Neiman Marcus.
14. Mode de Paris deckle-edged stationery by G Lalo is a pleasure to send or receive, $38.50
for 30 cards and lined envelopes, at Greer.
15. Matisse-y porcelain Rivage mug, $75, at Bernardaud.
16. ★The Splurge: Extravagantly cushy Humbert wool throw by Missoni, $475, at Stitch.
17. Handmade Italian beeswax candles, $60 each, at Ikram.
18. Burlesque goblets by Nason Moretti, $98 each, at Barneys.
19. Paperback guides to the great cities of Europe, $130 for the boxed set, at Louis Vuitton.
20. Ping-Pong paddle with a handcrafted bargello cover, $72, at Jonathan Adler.
Photography: Anna Knott
ABOUT OUR SOURCES: We attempt to provide as much information as possible about the products and professionals involved in designing the homes we show in our pages. Items not sourced here are probably not available for sale. Send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. And check out Design Sources, our comprehensive list of hundreds of local home design pros, shops, and showrooms, at chicagohomemag.com.
Barneys, 15 E. Oak St., 312-587-1700, barneys.com. Bernardaud, 900 N. Michigan Ave., 312-751-1700, bernardaud.com. Bottega Veneta, 800 N. Michigan Ave., 312-664-3220, bottegaveneta.com. Elements, 741 N. Wells St., 312-642-6574, elementschicago.com. Greer, 1657 N. Wells St., 312-337-8000, greerchicago.com. Hermès, 25 E. Oak St., 312-787-8175, hermes.com. Ikram, 15 E. Huron St., 312-587-1000, ikram.com. Jayson Home, 1885 N. Clybourn Ave., 800-472-1885, jaysonhome.com. Jonathan Adler, 676 N. Wabash Ave., 312-274-9920, jonathanadler.com. Lalique, Merchandise Mart, 312-867-1787, lalique.com. Louis Vuitton, 919 N. Michigan Ave., 312-944-2010, louisvuitton.com. Neiman Marcus, 737 N. Michigan Ave., 312-642-5900, neimanmarcus.com. Pastoral, 53 E. Lake St., 312-658-1250, pastoralartisan.com. Pierrot Gourmet, 108 E. Superior St., 312-573-6749, peninsula.com. Restoration Hardware, 938 W. North Ave., 312-475-9116, restorationhardware.com. Skändal, 907 Green Bay Rd., Winnetka, 847-386-7900, shopskandal.com. Space519, 900 N. Michigan Ave., 312-751-1519, space519.com. Stitch, 1723 N. Damen Ave., 773-782-1570, stitchchicago.com. Tiffany & Co., 730 N. Michigan Ave., 312-944-7500, tiffany.com.