CelebTV.com
Status: Super single—"typical young professional girl who doesn’t have time for a guy, blah, blah, blah.”
Neighborhood: Gold Coast

">

15 Minutes with … Kelli Zink

Who: Kelli Zink, 27, Chicago by way of Detroit
Job: Host and reporter, CelebTV.com
Neighborhood: Gold Coast

Who: Kelli Zink, 27, Chicago by way of Detroit
Job: Host and reporter, CelebTV.com
Neighborhood: Gold Coast

After attending Michigan State University, where she was a Spartan cheerleader for two years, Kelli Zink started anchoring in South Bend, Indiana, covering local and national sports. In 2003 she moved to L.A. to help launch the NFL Network as a producer. “It was the kind of job that people automatically assume you’re cool and you’re into sports,” Zink says. “Either guys don’t know anything about sports—in L.A. guys aren’t as into it—or they put me in the ‘friend’ category, and would want to talk about setting up their fantasy football lineup,” she adds. She’s still a self-proclaimed sports nut, and she roots for Lions and Tigers, not Cubs and Bears. And these days she’s known more as a Britney Spears expert than anything else.

Based in Chicago and launched in February by parent company Intersport, CelebTV.com, much like its competitor TMZ.com, chases celebrities in and out of bathroom stalls with hired paparazzi catching all the salacious action on their video cameras. They then provide the footage to shows like Access Hollywood, The Insider and Entertainment Tonight. Zink also reports on their findings on CelebTV.com, a 24-hour celebrity news site, and recently has become a celebrity pundit on news shows on MSNBC, Fox, and NBC-5.

Her thoughts on the Spears-Federline custody battle? “I think she has a chance of getting partial custody,” Zink says. “The reasons they cited were that she didn’t show up for her drug test and didn’t have a California driver’s license, so now that she has that, she needs to start showing up for her drug testing. She also needs parental counseling.”

Spoken like a true talking head.

1. What’s your drink?
Dirty martini with Ketel One Vodka

2. Who’s your favorite person to drink with?
Myself

3. What was the last book you read?
Skinny Bitch, by Rory Freedman and Tim Barnouin

4. What’s your favorite restaurant in Chicago?
I eat most often at Tavern on Rush.

5. What’s your favorite bar?
Elm Street Liquors (12 W. Elm Street)—I go every day they’re open. Tin Lizzie to watch the Michigan State Spartans. The reason I moved to the Gold Coast was because of location and because I loved Melvin B’s. I’m so sad it closed.

6. If you could interview anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
Katie Couric, because her story is similar to mine. People told her she’d never be successful and she proved them wrong.

7. Describe what you do in one sentence.
Deliver everyone’s guilty pleasure all day long.

8. What are your three most prized possessions?
A picture of the 1992 Green Bay Packers coaching staff given to me by an old co-worker; my next paycheck, because that means I still have a job and I’m doing well; and my morals, because that means my parents are still proud of me.

9. When’s bedtime?
8:30 p.m.; I get up at 4 a.m. everyday except for Saturdays and Sundays, when I sleep in till 7:30 a.m. to go to Equinox.

10. What’s your favorite Chicago store?
Intermix

11. Have a favorite brunch spot?
Tempo (6 E Chestnut Street); I eat there every morning at 3 or 4 a.m.

12. What are the biggest differences between L.A. celebs and Chicago celebs?
Celebrities in L.A. don’t realize they’re celebrities because everyone’s famous; in Chicago, David Schwimmer’s a big deal.

13. Any celebrity crushes?
Tom Brady; he’s the ideal man—he’s so good looking and athletic and he’s the nicest person; he’s humble. But hold the baby’s mama drama.

14. Where do you get your hair done?
I got my extensions at Sally Beauty; they’re clip-ons. Aaron Scott at Charles Ifergan put them in; he’s better than Ken Paves, Jessica Simpson’s stylist.

15. What’s the worst part of celebrity entertainment news?
Sometimes I feel like I should be doing something more fulfilling.

Photography: G. Thomas Ward/CelebTV.com

comments
Posted by Anonymous

#12 is very true. #15 kind of sums up this entire entry.

Posted by Anonymous

love a girl who loves sports. never heard of this celebtv.com before...

Posted by Anonymous

Who is this girl? What is celebtv, and why do we care where she drinks?

By the way, she looks way older than 27.

I would bone her

Posted by Anonymous

Sounds like another stupid ex-cheerleader....I like those ;)

Posted by Anonymous

So you guys bash a girl for being interviewed and on TV? Geez us, talk about getting a serious grip on reality. Unbelievably bad? I've seen her, she's not that bad. Damn, she's reporting on people like Britney Spears for crying out loud. How well do you have to do to to spit out that dribble? I'm sure that the 11/5 poster has babes so much hotter than her lined up outside his single wide trailer...idiot

Posted by Anonymous

That picture is misleading. She looks her age or younger,(great rack) is very attractive, and, though her job is silly, it is one folks like us will doubtless never have on account of our relative schlubbiness. She seems okay really. I wouldn't judge her too harshly.

Who cares?

Posted by Anonymous

I bet that girl works her butt off way more than anybody talking smack in here

Posted by Anonymous

Don't judge her too harshly? So when she goes on nancy grace or MSNBC to offer her commentary and "deliver everyone's guilty pleasure", she's not judging people? I think it's safe to say that her job is trivial when you see people dying in Iraq everyday or that our environment is withering away, etc. The bottom line is that leeches like tmz and celebtv are opportunistic fluff media outlets, who try to pass themselves off as being a credible source with the latest info we need to hear on celebrities. My bet is that when celebtv thankfully goes away in a year, this broad will either be waiting tables or dancing on them for that next paycheck she says is one of her prized possessions. By the way I've seen her at equinox, her rack isn't that great, probably a four or five on a scale of 1 to 10.

Posted by Anonymous

Did you see her arms on this show? WAY older than 27!

Posted by Anonymous

Leave her ALONE! I went to school with Kelli...(middle and high school) and she is an extremely fun, bubbly and happy girl! She really IS 27, a damn good cheerleader, smart as hell and deserves to be where she is at! All you people talking shit are HATERS and need to get a life! Kelli, I'm proud of you, and hope to see you in the big time soon! GO CHIEFS! *oh yeah, did I mention she was class president too?* Kelli is great and deserves much success and happiness.

Posted by Anonymous

hmmm..."a damn good cheerleader" and "class president"? I'm still not convinced. Maybe if she was also the homecoming queen, then I could take her seriously. Wow, I'm such a "hater".

Posted by Anonymous

Wow! She has alot of accomplishments and is quite successful. She is damn beautiful. She does one hell of a job as the Calebtv Host... yeah bunch of haters out there, most of these people are jealous of her success throughout her life. What if she's not 27, who cares. I would love to meet Kelli Zink.

Posted by Anonymous

Well, just an fyi - Kelli was "Homecoming Queen".
She is a beautiful, smart, and a really sweet girl who comes from a wonderful family. Kelli has a magnetic personality and people love her. Her parents have two successful young adults and a lot to be proud of. You go girl!
This is only the beginning - we will be hearing about you for many years to come :-)

Posted by Anonymous

is it possible that kelli is the "anonymous" poster on 4/8 & 7/31?

Posted by Anonymous

KELLI is a great person perhaps you all should give her a break.....

Posted by Anonymous

I think some of you guys are crazy. Kelli is great, and you can tell that she works hard, but has fun with her job. I wish I could find more stories about her and pics of her!!!

Posted by scoobysnacks

I can guarantee all of you that the post that reads:

"I have watched this girl and she is so unbelievably bad it's embarrassing. The person who hired her and put this troll in front of the camera should be fired or have their eyes checked immediately. And can I just say...Katie Couric's story is simular to yours? spare me, and get a serious grip on reality...you are a nobody!!!"

was written by one of two of Kelli's former roommates at Michigan State University that are dirty party girls that were (and obviously still are) jealous of her success. Besides the jealousy they both always use the word "troll". Trust me, those girls are the alcoholic trolls....Kelli is beautiful and hard working. Props to you Kelli for getting where you are...

Ex-roommate