Poparazzi Friday at Crobar. The event meant Kim got a night off from filming her reality-TV show, Keeping up with the Kardashians, which premieres October 14th on E! The show follows the lives of Kim and her nine siblings: Kim’s dad was the late O. J. defense attorney Robert Kardashian; her mom, Kris, is now married to Olympic gold medalist Bruce Jenner; between them, Kris and Bruce ride herd over a Brady Bunch-style brood (including MTV’s The Hills heartthrob Brody Jenner)…

">

Celebrity Beat: Keeping up with Kim Kardashian

Kim at Crobar

L.A. socialite and one-time Paris Hilton sidekick Kim Kardashian came to town this past weekend to host Poparazzi Friday at Crobar. The event meant Kim got a night off from filming her reality-TV show, Keeping up with the Kardashians, which premieres October 14th on E! The show follows the lives of Kim and her nine siblings: Kim’s dad was the late O. J. defense attorney Robert Kardashian; her mom, Kris, is now married to Olympic gold medalist Bruce Jenner; between them, Kris and Bruce ride herd over a Brady Bunch-style brood (including MTV’s The Hills heartthrob Brody Jenner). “Most of us are about six months apart in age,” Kim, 26, told me. “My family is crazy, which you’ll see on the show.”

Despite her friendship with Paris and a busy social calendar, Kim says she’s pretty tame and only takes a drink a couple of times a year. “I go out a lot because I love dressing up,” the five-foot-two beauty of Armenian descent told me. “I hate the taste of alcohol.” You’d think the release earlier this year of a sex tape—featuring Kim and her then-boyfriend Ray-J, brother of the singer Brandy—would drive anyone to drink. “My step-dad didn’t talk to me for three weeks,” Kim says of the scandal, which ended with a settlement in her favor and the removal of the video from shelves. Cleaning up her image was one of the reasons Kim agreed to the reality show when producer Ryan Seacrest approached her. “I want people to see what I’m really like,” says the soft-spoken Kim, who works as a fashion stylist and co-owns the Calabasas, California, boutique Dash with her sisters Khloe and Kourtney.

Kim—whom I met through my day job at playboy.cominvited me to hold court with her Friday in a roped-off area on Crobar’s main level; the space was outfitted with a lavender throne and a glittery banner spelling out “Princess Kim.” (“Can you believe they did this for me?” she asked.) Forgoing the typical celebrity entourage, Kim came to town with her sister Khloe, 23. “Kim is sooo boring,” Khloe whispered to me at about 1 a.m. when Kim mentioned, after signing countless autographs and taking pictures with fans—she even graciously signed a couple of girls’ cleavage—that she was ready to go home. We managed to convince her to hang out a little longer, and we retreated to Crobar’s VIP section, where Kim spent the remainder of the night texting away on her cell phone. I didn’t see her take one sip of alcohol all night.

Apparently some celebrities aren’t just like us.

Photograph: Courtesy of Sarah Preston

comments
Posted by Anonymous

she's hardly a celeb. a d-lister at best

Posted by Anonymous

great. another reality show about a talentless d-lister. also, poparazzi fridays at crobar=pathetic.

Who the heck is she?

Posted by Anonymous

if you can read...then you would know more about her, and her family, then we do about you. Anonymity is bliss.

Posted by Anonymous

Kim is so sexy and I can't to see that show.. Keepin up with the Kardasians will be the besyt show, and the hotest show on tv. I can't wait to see kim in the show. I got most of her photos on my pictures and I have alot of pictures. I love KIM KARDASIAN>

Posted by Anonymous

DAMN Kim Kardasian is so sexy, and I am her numer 1 fan in the world. I got her poster on my bedroom wall, and everybody I look at it, and even my friends love her too. Kim I love you baby, and I bet that the show will be number 1 as well. I love you baby angel!!!!!!!!!!!!!

she

Posted by Anonymous

She's Armenian.. and Armenians Rule !!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous

Yeah, I didn't even know who she is until about 2 mins. ago. I googled her and nothing came up so I'm guessing not many people know who she is. This article was the only relevent thing that came up first about her and it was at the bottom of the first page. The only reason people outside L.A. know who she is is because of Paris Hilton and Paris is only famous because of her name and the sex tape.

Posted by Anonymous

lets see now..kims rise to fame has been her sex tape and her big ass. On the first show her little sisters pole danced and mixed martinis. Oh and lets not forget her mom and sister getting 'plastered' and driving home. Look we know its scripted shit...but to 'say' you were drunk and then 'drive' home...?? come on now..thats pitiful

Posted by Anonymous

OMG! I'VE NEVER POSTED BEFORE, NEVER-EVER BUT AFTER WATCHING THIS SHOW, (2X'S TO GIVE IT A FAIR CHANCE)THESE SISTERS ARE THE BIGGEST LOOSERS OF ALL TIMES, AND IF YOU REALLY LOOK THEY'RE REALLY NOT ATTRACTIVE AT ALL. SPARE US PLEASE!I DO FEEL SORRY FOR BRUCE JENNER HAVING TO LIVE IN THAT HOUSE WITH THOSE PIGS AND HIS BAD PLASTIC SURGERY JOB. I REALLY FEEL SORRY FOR THE MOTHER WHO GAVE LIFE TO ALL THOSE DISRESPECTING YOUNG WOMEN,SHE TRIES SO HARD AND THEY ARE AWFUL, THROW THEM OUT! DO YOURSELF AND BRUCE A FAVOR!

Posted by Anonymous

i dont even know who she is

Posted by Anonymous

Okay this girl is pathetic! She had a sex tape, and her sisters were stripping on a pole and mixing martini's! Those people are trash, they are only on a reality show because Kim is like this with Paris Hilton! The mom is a horrible person for even letting her children for being in that enviriment. I feel bad for Bruce Jenner because he probably had no idea what he was getting himself into when he marriws that crazy family. Also, those little freaks that they call 12 year old daughters are going to have children before they were 16

Posted by Anonymous

Kim, no matter what all those haters say bad about you, you are still one fine honey and I think you know it. Your show will have high ratings because there are enough real men out there that appreciate eye candy. Now quit playing around with your mother and make the show hotter!!!

Posted by Anonymous

yeah f all these haters i think your show is nice you have a beutiful family.

Posted by Anonymous

if you want to put out the fires in california you might ask her to leave the state because she is on fire. so hot!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous

I think that Kim is a pretty girl, however, her "fame" came as a result of a sex tape. I think that is wack. There are women out there who are trying to get ahead with their intellect and not because of their bodies. She claims she was so appalled when her sex tape came out but then she's naked in Playboy. I dont think she is a real woman. To me she is a whore with money who happened to get a show on E! She's not really someone I want to know about anyway.

Posted by Anonymous

I truly hate this show. Talk about spoiled rich girls.

Posted by Anonymous

Kim I love ur show i thing it is a great idea as people get to know the real u and not what they see on the sex tape. I think u are a beautiful woman both physically and mentally keep up the good work and don't let any one tare u done peace.