Z is for Zygmunt
A 2009 graduate of the Chicago Fashion Incubator, Ashley Zygmunt launches her first showroom this week in Lincoln Park. Named after the designer’s line of women’s blouses, Zamrie (1213 W. Diversey Pkwy.; 630-253-0342, zamrie.com) serves as both a private client showroom and a work space. “My collections will be displayed in the front window, and I’ll be working on patterning and designing in the back,” says the Hinsdale native. Zygmunt’s clothing can be found at Ananas’ East (109 N. Oak Park Ave., Oak Park; 708-524-8585), and pieces of the 2010 collection will be sold at Gray (821 Chestnut Ct., Winnetka; 847-446-5650, grayboutique.com); the new space, by appointment only, makes the designer’s pieces available in downtown Chicago. Spring-Summer 2010 items include sleeveless tunics in lime, ivory, and black ($109) and hand-painted silk dresses in blues and pinks ($148. Zamrie holds a grand opening party on April 15th from 5 to 9:30 p.m. Guests receive 10 percent spring/summer purchases, free makeup applications, treats, and a first look at the Fall 2010 collection, featuring tunics with sleeves ($175) in cranberry, army olive, and bell blue; and a silk laced top in black ($150). Sales Check readers who bring a copy of this week’s e-newsletter receive an additional 5 percent off.
Top Sales This Week
For the first time since closing last November, Bess & Loie (773-512-8666, bessandloie.com) returns with a pop-up shop, Wednesday, April 14th through Sunday, April 18th at 1117 West Armitage Avenue. Find wallets, hats, scarves, bags, clutches, jewelry, handbags, and accessories. Meet one of the event’s designers Annie Diamantidis, of Annie Bags (anniebags.com), on Saturday, April 17th from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The second Modern Vintage Chicago (312-666-1200, modernvintagechicago.com) takes place at Plumber’s Hall (1340 W. Washington Blvd.) on Saturday, April 17th from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Sunday, April 18th from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The event will feature vintage clothing, jewelry, and vanities; free makeovers; and informal modeling. On Saturday, shoppers who dress in vintage formalwear and attend the “Prom Happy Hour” from 4 to 7 p.m. will receive free drinks and snacks. Tickets are $8 in advance at (modernvintagechicago.com) or $10 at the door. Buy four or more tickets online and get free mimosas.
The Best of the Rest
- Adelaide (1704 N. Wells St.; 312-943-0065) takes 50 percent off new accessories, jewelry, and shoes as well as spring clothing from Anett Röstel, BNG, Emami, and more, now through Sunday, April 18th.
- Dozens of Chicago spas and salons offer selected treatments for $50 during Chicago Spa Week (spaweek.com), through Sunday, April 18th. For a full list of participants and their discounted treatments, visit spaweek.com.
- Neapolitan (715 Elm St., Winnetka; 847-441-7784, neapolitanonline.com) holds an Irene Neuwirth fine jewelry trunk show, Thursday, April 15th through Saturday, April 17th. The boutique will also feature Andrew Gn’s Fall collection, Thursday, April 15th through Wednesday, April 21st.
- For tax day, Halo [For Men] Gold Coast (21 W. Elm St.; 312-642-HALO, halochicago.com) offers four mini-spa services—massage, facial, manicure, and pedicure—for $15.10 each or $50 for the whole package, Thursday, April 15th through Saturday, April 17th.
- The Salon at ULTA (114 S. State St.; 312-279-5081, ulta.com) holds a free Lorac “Face Off” event with the makeup consultant Mark Chi of Lorac on Friday, April 16th from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Also through Saturday, April 17th, the salon offers deals on an array of spa and beauty treatments, including $50 boot camp facials (originally $65), $35 hair therapy treatments (originally $45), and $15 makeup applications (originally $30). Call 312-279-5081 to book appointments for either event.
- The International Academy of Design & Technology (iadtchicagoimagine.com) hosts its 31st annual student fashion show, IMAGINE 2010, with more than 100 original student designs on Thursday, April 15th at 8 p.m., at the Great Hall at Union Station (210 S. Canal St.). Tickets, $40, are available at iadtchicagoimagine.com.
- Chicago Craft Mafia (chicagocraftmafia.com) features art and projects supplies from more than 20 local crafters at the second annual “Do It Your Own D*mn Self” show on Saturday, April 17th from 12 to 4 p.m. at 2312 North Milwaukee Avenue.
- In collaboration with Fit Mamas Club (fitmamasclub.com) and Mamisma (mamismachicago.com), Little Threads (2033 W. Roscoe St.; 773-327-9310, shoplittlethreads.com) hosts a Summer Shape Up with fitness tips and shopping discounts on Thursday, April 15th from 5 to 8 p.m.
- Artwear Unlimited (847-432-9229, artwearunlimited.com) features a free spring/summer show and sale at the Highland Park Country Club (1201 Park Ave. West, Highland Park) on Wednesday, April 14th from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; and Thursday, April 15th and Friday, April 16th, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- During its Tax Free Shopping Days, more than 20 shops at the Arboretum of South Barrington (100 W. Higgins Rd., South Barrington; 847-426-6200, shopthearboretumsb.com) offer 10 percent off, Tuesday, April 13th through Thursday, April 15th. Guests must print the event’s shopping pass, available online at shopthearboretumsb.com; no discount without the shopping pass.
Attention Sales Check readers: We want your feedback! Why do you subscribe to this newsletter? What do you love about it? What do you hate? Are there sales and shopping events at Chicagoland stores that we’re missing? Please send your tips, complaints, and comments to email@example.com.
1 week ago