The newly remodeled Coach (625 N. Michigan Ave., 312-587-3167, coach.com) is a little larger, a tad brighter, and a whole lot friendlier to dudes. The Michigan Avenue flagship is the first in the country to test out the brand’s new retail format, which features an expanded section devoted entirely to men. While the women’s section—stocking Coach’s complete line of handbags, shoes, and accessories—is filled with bright pops of color and a new shoe salon, the guys’ shop-in-a-shop has an entirely different feel. Exposed brick walls and industrial-chic furnishings go hand-in-hand with its selection of sturdy, sleek leather goods such as racing jackets ($848), striped duffle bags ($698), and slim wallets ($118). Storewide, the recently launched Legacy collection of bags and accessories—for every gender—depart from the brand’s staple “C” print for clean, classic shapes in glove-tanned cowhide.
Top Sales This Week
The recently opened bridal and formalwear boutique Jasmine Galleria (2840 S. Highland Ave., Lombard, 888-952-7646, jasminegalleria.com) aims to offer one-stop shopping for brides and grooms to be, from dresses, tuxes, and flowers to photographers and videographers. This Saturday, August 18, the store hosts a “Runway to Romance” event from 6 to 8 p.m. with a complimentary fashion show, cocktails, and hors d’oeuvres.
Jayson Home (1885 N. Clybourn Ave., 773-248-8180, jaysonhome.com) takes 30 percent off everything in its garden department—including all trees, flowers, shrubs, and planters—this Friday, August 17 through Sunday, September 2.
The Best of the Rest
- Robert Jeffrey Hair Studio and Enfuse Medical Spa pair up to host the Wicker Park Beauty Bazaar (1615 W. North Ave.) on Wednesday, August 15 from 6 to 9 p.m. Tickets ($10 each; available at enfusemedspa.com) include food, drinks, skin treatments, and hair-styling demos. The first 50 guests through the door also score gift bags.
- Ladies who lunch, mark your calendars: This Thursday, August 16 at 12:30 p.m., Balsan at the Waldorf Astoria (11 E. Walton St., 312-646-1400, balsanrestaurant.com) serves Champagne, cocktails, and a three-course meal—with a side of new fall styles from the boutique Perchance (perchanceboutique.com). Call 312-646-1400 for tickets ($37 each).
- Limbo Jewelry holds a summer trunk show on Thursday, August 16 from 6 to 9 p.m. at the flower shop Fleur de Lis (715 N. Franklin St., 312-943-4444, fleurdelischicago.com). The Austin, Texas-based jewelry line’s designer, Edson Enriquez, drops in from 6 to 9 p.m., when the store entices shoppers with complimentary sparkling wine and appetizers, plus 20 percent off Limbo Jewelry. Be one of the first 25 people to arrive and pick up a swag bag filled with a $15 Limbo Jewelry gift card and other freebies.
- StyleChicago.com throws a beauty bash Thursday, August 16 from 6 to 9 p.m. at Venue One (1044 W. Randolph St.). On the agenda: spa, style, and beauty mini-services from more than 30 vendors, including Benefit Cosmetics, Dermalogica, and Asha SalonSpa. Buy tickets ($35) at stylechicago.com or by calling 800-838-3006.
- Join the vintage shop Dovetail (1452 W. Chicago Ave., 312-243-3100, dovetailchicago.com) on Friday, August 17 from 7 to 10 p.m. as it unveils its revamped men’s section, now filled with eco-friendly products and new and vintage clothes. Check out apparel by the local label Domestic Workwear, vegan soaps, shave kits, and shampoos by Chicago-based Ethically Engineered, and handmade bowties by Dorus Mhor. Complimentary drinks and snacks are served; RSVP through Dovetail’s Facebook page.
The recently opened consignment shop Ladies Treasure Box (3420 S. Morgan St., 773-650-1290) brings secondhand brand-name clothes, shoes, and accessories to Bridgeport.
United Colors of Benetton (520 N. Michigan Ave., 312-494-9156, benetton.com) reopened last week in the same space—with a refreshed look—at the Shops at North Bridge. Drop in and get 50 percent off the brand’s summer collection.
The masterminds behind the edgy, now shuttered, boutique Bonnie & Clyde’s plan to open the shop-slash-art-space Gallery Aesthete (46 E. Oak St.) in the Gold Coast this fall.