At the end of November, Sonia Barrett, a Wicker Park resident and photographer, launched her handmade jewelry line Damen + Division on the Web at damen-division.com. Barrett’s collection features quirky items such as necklaces made of twisted silk and crimson twine ($125), bejeweled drop earrings (from $40), a skull charm bracelet dotted with gems ($125), and a gold braided headband ($25, now on sale for $20).
Top Sales This Week
Through December, the luxury home furnishings and accessories store Jolie Maison (643 Central Ave., Highland Park; 847-433-4555) offers 20 off the entire inventory of its recently opened 6,500-square-foot location; special orders are 10 percent off.
Spa Space (161 N. Canal St.; 312-466-9585, spaspace.com) hosts its 8th Annual Holiday Shopping Extravaganza Dec. 16th from 4 to 8 p.m. with complimentary spa services, a K. Amato jewelry trunk show, shopping specials, as well as festive drinks and desserts. Tickets are $10, but the full value may be applied toward event-night purchases.
The Best of the Rest
- Boutique DNA 2050 (2122 N. Halsted St.; 773-525-8004) takes an additional 25 percent off everything in the store, plus 50 percent selected items.
- Brilli Salon (3334 N. Ashland Ave.; 773-755-4247, brillisalon.com) in currently offering $25 dry cuts for men and women.
- The women’s boutique B (1117 W. Armitage Ave.; 773-665-1102, b-chicago.com) marks its entire inventory down at least 50 percent.
- Recently opened, The Soap Box Shop (1853 Second St., Highland Park; 847-681-0267) carries eco-friendly and affordable items such as body care products, T-shirts, bags, and candles.
- The event décor company Kehoe Designs (2108 W. Walnut St.; 312-421-0030, kehoedesigns.com) offers holiday centerpieces and arrangements starting from $50.
- Material Possessions (704 N. Wabash Ave.; 312-280-4885, materialpossessions.com) holds its “Chilly but Chic” winter sale with 20 percent off hats, gloves, scarves, and handbags throughout the month.
- The Wicker Park accessories boutique Shebang (1616 N. Damen Ave.; 773-486-3800, shopshebang.com) offers free shipping at its website; use the code “freeshipping” at checkout.
- The men’s and women’s boutique Jake (939 Rush St.; 312-664-5553, shopjake.com) offers 70 percent off selected items.