Watch out, Abercrombie, Hollister, and Aéropostale: There’s a recently opened, independently owned shop in Roscoe Village that caters to tweens and teens. Crush (2138 W. Roscoe St.; 773-661-9481, crushonroscoe.com) features clothing and accessories from more than 20 established and up-and-coming brands for girls (as well as a few for women). “Our focus is on making girls feel powerful in what they’re wearing,” says owner Jodi Hughes, who hatched the idea for the boutique after watching her 11-year-old daughter search for new clothes at boutiques geared toward adults. “It’s about helping them feel good about themselves—and moms approve because the pieces aren’t too risky or mature.” Among the rotating inventory (new items arrive each week), find Wildfox sweatshirts for girls (from $72) and women (from $109), as well as personalized bangle bracelets ($98) and rings ($74) by designer Sarah Chloe (sarahchloe.com). While the focus is on females, Crush also carries a selection of clothing and accessories for men and boys, including Burton backpacks ($38).
Top Sales This Week
1154 Lill Studio (904 W. Armitage Ave.; 773-477-5455, 1154lill.com), The Green Goddess Boutique (1009 W. Armitage Ave.; 773-281-5600, thegreengoddessboutique.com), Comfort Me (651 W. Armitage Ave.; 312-255-1412, comfortmeboutique.com), and 22 other Lincoln Park shops offer an extra hour of shopping, deals, and refreshments during the Holiday After Hours Block Party on Wednesday, December 21 from 7 to 8 p.m. Visit lincolnparkchamber.com for a list of participating stores.
Le Dress (1741 W. Division St.; 773-697-9855, ledresschicago.com) features daily deals throughout this week. Discounts include 30 percent off shoes and handbags Wednesday, December 21; 15 percent off dresses on Thursday, December 22; and an extra 30 percent off sale items on Saturday, December 24.
The Best of the Rest
- Knickers of Glen Ellyn (492 N. Main St., Glen Ellyn; 630-469-2727, knickersofglenellyn.com), a women’s lingerie boutique, holds a men’s night—with refreshments, complimentary gift wrapping, and a free gift with any purchase made by a male shopper—on Tuesday, December 20 from 6 to 9 p.m.
- Go Cycle Studio (501 W. North Ave.; 312-878-4999, gocyclestudio.com) offers discounts on clothing and accessories from Salmon Cove (salmoncove.com), as well as a complimentary Winestyr (winestyr.com) wine tasting, on Tuesday, December 20 from 5:30 to 8 p.m.
- Oak Street Council (oakstreetchicago.com/holidays) celebrates the holidays with free valet parking at 57 East Oak Street on Tuesday, December 20 and Tuesday, December 27 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. While in the neighborhood, spend $50 at select Oak Street shops, including Furla (106 E. Oak St.; 312-640-9501, furla.com) and Charles Ifergan (106 E. Oak St.; 312-642-4484, charlesifergan.com), for a chance to win prizes. Visit oakstreetchicago.com/holidays for more information.
- Second Time Around (823 W. Armitage Ave.; 773-698-6260, secondtimearound.net), a high-end consignment shop, discounts everything in stock by 50 percent from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Monday, December 26. After 1 p.m., shoppers continue to save 30 to 50 percent on purchases through the rest of the day.
- Room & Board (roomandboard.com for stores) holds its annual clearance sale—with up to 50 percent off home décor and furnishings—on Monday, December 26 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sine Qua Non salons (sinequanonsalon.com for locations) take 15 percent off any hair style or make up application on Saturday, December 31 from 12 to 5 p.m. Guests receive a complimentary Aveda lipstick, as well as sparkling wine and hors d’oeuvres.
- Griffins & Gargoyles Antiques (2140 W. Lawrence Ave.; 773-769-1255, griffins-gargoyles.com) takes 20 percent off everything in the store through Saturday, December 31.
- The Edit (1917 N. Damen Ave.; 773-252-3350, shoptheedit.com) kicks off its winter sale on Tuesday, December 20. Enjoy 50 percent off select fall and winter merchandise through Tuesday, January 31.
Sales Check takes a break for the holidays next Tuesday, December 27 but will be back in the new year on Tuesday, January 3.Edit Module