Arriving in time for the first day of winter, Patagonia (patagonia.com), an environmentally conscious brand of outdoor clothing and gear, unveiled its second Chicago location (48 E. Walton St.; 312-640-5934) last week in the Gold Coast. The 6,240-square-foot store comes eight years after its predecessor opened in Lincoln Park (1800 N. Clybourn Ave.; 312-951-0518), with a larger selection of jackets, pullovers, sweaters, shoes, and duffle bags. “The new space is bigger, so we’re able to experiment with things we don’t always try in [other stores],” says district manager Brooks Scott. This season’s offerings include a three-layer jacket with a two-way adjustable hood ($399), waterproof shell pants ($399), and a lightweight Gore Windstopper-lined jacket ($249). “We want our customers to buy something that will serve them well over the long haul,” says Scott. Patagonia celebrates the Gold Coast store’s grand opening on Thursday, December 15 at 7 p.m. with gift bags, live music, and food and drinks from Goose Island.
Top Sales This Week
Kooky Kidstuff (kookykidstuff.com for locations), a children’s clothing and toy boutique, kicks off “12 Days of Kooky Savings” on Tuesday, December 13. The shop offers a new discount each day through Saturday, December 24, and each daily deal will remain active through the end of the promotion. This week’s deals include 15 percent off all Salon at Kooky services, starting December 13; 20 percent off tulle tutus, starting Wednesday, December 14; 20 percent off winter coats, starting Thursday, December 15; 20 percent off hats, gloves, and scarves, starting Friday, December 16; and 20 percent off boys’ apparel, starting Saturday, December 17.
Giggle (2116 N. Halsted St.; 773-296-6228, giggle.com), Kickin’ (2120 N. Halsted St.; 773-525-2120, kickinmaternity.com), Londo Mondo (2148 N. Halsted St.; 773-327-2218, londomondo.com), and Moi Boutique (2050 N. Halsted St.; 773-857-0727, shopmoiboutique.com) participate in Lincoln Park’s Shop the Block Party on Wednesday, December 14 from 5 to 9 p.m. Each store offers appetizers, desserts, and drinks, along with discounts or goody bags.
The Best of the Rest
- Spex (522 Dempster St.; Evanston; 847-864-5200, spexchicago.com) holds the opening reception for its latest “Art + Vision” event—featuring paintings from local artist Jim Martin—on Friday, December 16 from 5 to 8 p.m. The event includes an Oliver Peoples (oliverpeoples.com) trunk show, as well as appetizers and refreshments. Martin’s work will be on display through Thursday, January 26.
- Toki Collection Showroom (1422 W. Willow St., Suite 200; 773-252-0320) holds its holiday sample sale—with up to 70 percent off previous collections and one-of-a-kind pieces, mystery grab bags ($25 to $50), and a raffle—on Saturday, December 17 and Sunday, December 18 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. A portion of event’s proceeds will go to Young at Heart Pet Rescue (yahpetrescue.com).
- Cerato (3451 N. Southport Ave.; 773-248-8604, ceratoboutique.com), a women’s boutique, offers daily discounts, such as 20 percent off all sweaters and outerwear, through Wednesday, December 21. The store also holds a Susan Elizabeth (susanelizabethdesigns.com) holiday jewelry trunk show on Saturday, December 17 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.; purchase two or more of Elizabeth’s pieces to receive a 20 percent discount.
- Spa @ the Wit (201 N. State St.; 312-239-9402, spaatthewit.com) offers 50-minute facials for $95 (normally $120 to $140) through Saturday, December 17; 25 percent off all retail products Sunday, December 18 through Saturday, December 24; and 25 percent off all services Monday, December 26 through Saturday, December 31.
- Randoons (962 1/2 Green Bay Rd., Winnetka; 847-784-1890, randoons.com), a clothing, accessories, and gift boutique, gives shoppers the chance to win a $25 gift card on Sunday, December 18 from 12 to 4 p.m. (No purchase necessary.)
- The Unwrap WPB Holiday Passport, sponsored by the Wicker Park & Bucktown Chamber of Commerce (wickerparkbucktown.com), provides exclusive discounts, freebies, and more at 56 neighborhood businesses through Saturday, December 24. View the list of participating stores—and download the passport—at wickerparkbucktown.com/WPBpassport.
- Sassoon Salon (sassoon.com for locations) features holiday deals through Friday, December 30. Promotions include a ladies’ cut, highlights, hair treatment, and blow dry for $280 (normally $330) as well as a men’s cut, hair treatment, blow dry, and brow trim for $105 (normally $155).
1 week ago