For nearly 14 years, Lincoln Park tabletop boutique Tabula Tua (1015 W. Armitage Ave.; 773-525-3500) has carried all the essentials for a well-appointed table. The shop has now doubled its space (expanding into the next-door spot that formerly housed the shop Faded Rose), and added fine china and formal dining flatware to its selection of everyday goods. The new space has been transformed into a wedding studio, carrying modern and colorful options from well-known brands such as Raynaud, Meissen, and Royal Copenhagen for a selection that is far less staid than a department store’s. For instance, the Metamorphoses pattern from Raynaud Limoges is adorned with delicate butterflies, which, for shoppers perhaps looking to update an inherited set of china, would mix well with a more traditional pattern with gold edging. Also among the 15 new lines is Pickard China, which makes the president’s china; the Antioch-based company offers platinum and gold rimmed plates with a center monogram. Prices range $125 to $1,500 for individual place settings.Top Sales This Week
Jayson Home & Garden and Artists’ Frame Service (1885 N. Clybourn St., 773-248-8180) holds its twice-yearly outlet sale in the basement from Feb. 15th through March 2nd, offering an additional 10 percent off outlet prices and free delivery on furniture, home accessories, lighting, and frames, including miscut and miscalculated ones just a fraction off in size.
Shop for last minute Valentine’s Day gifts at Macy’s (111 N. State St.; 312-781-1000) on Feb. 13th from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., when merchandise from various departments, such as sweets, jewelry, and fragrances, will be placed together on the first floor.The Best of the Rest
- Customers who spend $125 or more on Feb. 13th at Roslyn (2035 N. Damen Ave.; 773-489-1311) receive a free box of chocolates and will be entered into a raffle for a $50 gift card.
- All She Wrote (825 W. Armitage Ave., 773-529-0100; 566 Chestnut St., Winnetka, 847-784-8237) holds its annual stationery sale through Feb. 29th, offering discounts and extras with orders. For instance, customers who purchase personalized stationery from Crane & Co. receive free return address printing with their name, address, and monogram engraving ($96 value) with similar deals for the lines Vera Wang and Kate Spade, among others.
- Only She (710 N. State St.; 312-335-1353) holds an indoor sidewalk sale with items priced $20 to $100 through Feb. 15th. Final sale; cash or check only for purchases less than $100.
- The Winterfest sale at Patagonia (1800 N. Clybourn Ave.; 312-951-0518) runs Feb. 12th through 21st, with 30 to 50 percent off cold weather apparel and accessories.
- Children’s boutique Lollie (1312 Chicago Ave., Evanston; 847-328-7303) holds a progressive anniversary sale throughout the week: Take 10 percent off sale prices on Tuesday, 15 percent off on Wednesday, 20 percent off on Thursday, and 25 percent off on Friday and Saturday. The sale includes brands such as Judith Lacroix, Oeuf, WonderBoy, and Neige.
- Belly Dance (1647 N. Damen Ave., 773-862-1133; 1849 Green Bay Rd., Highland Park, 847-926-0053) offers an additional 20 percent off select winter and spring styles on Feb. 16th and 17th, on designers such as Liz Lange, Japanese Weekend, and Serfontaine.
- Charla Krupp, stylist and author of How Not to Look Old, visits Bloomingdale’s (Old Orchard Center, Skokie; 847-568-6535) for a presentation and book signing on Feb. 16th at 1 p.m. Call to reserve a spot.
- Stellar26 (4164 N. Lincoln Ave.; 773-388-2626) offers 26 percent off original Penguin merchandise through Feb. 16th.
- Ladies, call to reserve a spot for the Valentine’s night event at Silken Tent (2300 Chestnut Ave., Glenview; 847-510-1240), with candlelight yoga, spring makeup previews, Champagne, chocolate, and a raffle every 10 minutes on Feb. 14th from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. The suggested donations of $10 or $20 will support the spa’s programs for patients living with breast cancer.
- Flora (2835 N. Southport Ave.; 773-929-2835) offers delivery and curbside services from Feb. 13th through Feb. 16th with pre-paid orders. Call ahead and a staff member will run the order out to your car.
- Vera Wang (34 E. Oak St.; 312-787-4696) bridal boutique holds a trunk show of her latest designs on Feb. 15th, 16th, and 18th. By appointment only.
- American Apparel (837 W. Armitage Ave.; 773-880-9801) in Lincoln Park has re-opened, after being closed for two weeks for operating without a business license.