Kiss Errands Goodbye
Busy Chicagoans can now actually spend their weekends relaxing and their lunch breaks eating with the help of Endeavor Concierge (1732 N. Mohawk St., Suite C and 3200 N. Lake Shore Dr., Suite 2504; 312-268-0008, endeavorconcierge.com), a new—and relatively cheap—personal assistance business that tackles clients’ time-consuming or stress-filled errands. “We give the gift of time,” says Carolyn Schnuck, co-creator of Endeavor. Her partner, Emily Lytle, adds, “People would prefer to be with their family or at work. Every hour counts these days. We’re here to help.” Both have years of sales, marketing, and customer service experience under their belts: Lytle, 25, was the creator and former manager of shopjake.com, the online shopping site for the local boutique Jake; Schnuck, 27, worked as a Ritz-Carlton concierge and has been a concierge/personal shopper at Whole Foods. Instead of pricing services individually, Endeavor Concierge offers credit packages, ranging from 12 credits for $34.75 to 96 credits for $249.75. Services include personal shopping (6 credits per store), merchandise pick-up (3 credits per store) and returns (5 credits per store), gift shopping and delivery (5 credits), gift wrapping (1 credit per package), organizational services for a room or closet (12 credits per hour), and locating hard-to-find items (7 credits). Outside the realm of fashion, Lytle and Schnuck also provide event planning, grocery shopping, and house sitting, and say they will continue to add services—such as nanny care through an experienced subcontracted third party—as they evolve. “Really anything that anyone can think of, we would do our best to accommodate,” Lytle says. “We have strong wills and strong networks.” To create an account or to view the list of services and credit package prices, visit endeavorconcierge.com.
Top Sales This Week
Prettycity.com hosts its annual Love You campaign with more than 80 Chicagoland salons and spas providing select beauty treatments for $59 throughout February. Offered as part of a campaign to raise heart disease awareness, the deals include a mojito pedicure, manicure, eyebrow wax, and eyebrow tint—originally $92—at Havana Nights Nails and Spa (2555 W. Lawrence Ave.; 773-907-0654, havananightsspa.com) and a chocolate body wrap—originally $130—at Fuga (3853 N Southport Ave.; 773-880-1280, salonfuga.com). Visit prettycity.com/love for a complete list of participants and their discounted services.
Lincoln Park’s Elizabeth Grace (2438 N. Clark St.; 773-477-9830, elizabethgrace.com) hosts a trunk show for Trollbeads, the luxury charm-bracelet company, with free cocktails Feb. 5th through 8th. Shoppers who purchase four glass beads receive a fifth one free, and those who buy a silver necklace, receive a free leather necklace or silver bracelet. The first 25 to RSVP earn a free silver bracelet chain. To reserve a spot, call 773-477-9830 or e-mail mailto:email@example.com.
The Best of the Rest
- À Pied (2037 W. Roscoe St., 773-281-2210) hosts a Groundhog Day sale with 40 to 50 percent off boots and at least 30 percent off shoes through Feb. 8th.
- In addition to its winter sale —with discounts of 30 to 50 percent off fall and winter designer clothing through Feb. 28th—the kid’s boutique Lollie (1312 Chicago Ave., Evanston; 847-328-7303, lollieshop.com) holds its annual in-store progressive sale Feb. 3rd through 7th, with savings increasing from 40 to 75 percent off through the week.
- Evil Kitty (312-560-8066; evilkitty.net) holds an online sale, including $20 T-shirts, $25 long sleeve tops, and 40 to 50 percent off other tops, hoodies, skirts, and dresses through Feb. 8th.
- The paper boutique All She Wrote (825 W. Armitage Ave., 773-529-0100; 566 Chestnut St., Winnetka, 847-784-8200; allshewrote.com) holds its annual stationery sale with 20 percent off items from William Arthur, Kate Spade, Lallie, and others through Feb. 13th.
- Mario Tricoci (900 N. Michigan Ave.; 625 Cog Circle, Crystal Lake; 305 Hawthorn Center, Vernon Hills; 284 Oak Brook Center, Oak Brook; 1512 Naper Blvd., Naperville; 800-874-2624, tricoci.com) teaches couples basic massage techniques during private 90-minute workshops through Feb. 22nd. Couples have the option of learning therapeutic or relaxation techniques and will receive a free bottle of Essential Oil. Call 800-874-2624 or visit tricoci.com to schedule an appointment. $150.
- Wicker Park’s le Dress (1741 W. Division St.; 773-697-9899, ledresschicago.com) holds its first J’Adore le Dress Valentine’s Day sale, during which shoppers receive a chocolate candy heart worth up to an extra 40 percent off sale merchandise or 15 percent off full-priced items. Sale runs Feb. 7th and 8th and Feb. 12th through 14th.
- Leslie Hindman Auctioneers (1338 W. Lake St.; 312-280-1212, lesliehindman.com) holds its winter rug sale in affiliation with Oscar Isberian Rugs (800-998-3693, isberian.com), offering 50 to 80 percent off more than 500 styles through Feb. 8th.
- French chain Geneviéve Lethu (900 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-423-9948) holds its annual sale with 30 to 50 percent of select serving pieces, dinnerware, flatware, glassware, linens, and wine accessories through mid-February.
- Marshall Pierce (335 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-782-4403, marshallpierce.com) features a collection of diamond and precious stone jewelry from Dana Rebecca Designs (312-701-1773, danarebeccadesigns.com) along with Moet & Chandon Champagne (moet.com) at its Toast on the Magnificent Mile 2009 event Feb. 2nd through Feb. 13th.
- The yoga-inspired clothing company Lululemon Athletica (2104 N. Halsted St.; 773-883-8860, lululemon.com) showcases bracelets, rings, and pendants from Jewelry by Randy (jewelrybyrandy.com) at its Pretty Up and Go event Feb. 7th. The free event—during which guests can enter to win an eco-friendly gown by Adele Wechsler—includes complimentary makeovers, organic snacks, and wine.
- In honor of American Heart Month and National Wear Red Day, Macy’s (111 N. State St.; 312-781-1000; other locations, macys.com) offers 20 percent off already discounted merchandise and select full-price items to customers who wear red or who purchase a $2 Go Red for Women red dress pin Feb. 4th through 8th. All pin proceeds go to the American Heart Association’s Go Red For Women movement.