The Better Blouse
Sharon Boucher, a veteran designer of nearly 30 years, now has a namesake studio in Pilsen (600 W. Cermak Rd.; 773-574-9321, sharonboucherstore.com), featuring her full selection of tops, bottoms, and jackets. After studying fashion in New York at the Fashion Institute of Technology and Parsons School of Design, the Jamaican native opened her first studio in Chicago around 2000; she relocated to Pilsen last year. “I love [Chicago],” Boucher says. “I love the theatre; I love the opera; I love the art. . . . You can’t beat living in a city with water around it.” Sharon Boucher features tailored clothing, consisting of mostly tops along with a small mix of jackets and skirts. “My blouses are really different,” says Boucher. “I try to do stuff that people can’t go buy off the rack. Business women can wear [a blouse] to work and dress it up in the evening when they go out; it has versatility.” Favorites include the V-halter, double-vested Veronica vest ($200); the high-collar Ruby shirt with belt and silver buckle ($240); and the double-layered puffy sleeved Lola shirt ($220). For details on Boucher’s upcoming events—such as sewing classes and auctions—and sales, register for the mailing list at sharonboucherstore.com.
Top Sales This Week
Le Dress (1741 W. Division St.; 773-697-9855, ledresschicago.com) hosts its inaugural Winter White Out sale with an extra 20 percent off sale merchandise on Saturday, January 8th, and Sunday, January 9th. Le Dress e-newsletters subscribers will receive a 40 percent off coupon, which can be used between 11 a.m. and noon on Saturday; e-mail “SUBSCRIBE” to firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the e-newsletter.
Before closing this month, Shebang (1616 N. Damen Ave.; 773-486-3800, shopshebang.com) holds a storewide clearance sale on Saturday, January 8th. Save 60 percent off everything from 10 a.m. to noon, 50 percent off from 12 to 2 p.m., and 40 percent off from 2 to 7 p.m.
The Best of the Rest
- The Daisy Shop (67 E. Oak St., 6th floor; 312-943-8880, daisyshop.com), a women’s couture resale store, offers 40 percent off winter garments and 20 percent off winter accessories through Monday, January 31st.
- After a brief remodeling, Vision Boutique (948 W. Madison St.; 312-829-6800, vision-boutique.com) reopens with a bigger selection of frames and sunglasses from Ray Ban, Michael Kors, D&G, Versace, and more.
- Sarca (710 N. Wabash Ave.; 312-255-0900, shopsarca.com) kicks off its annual winter sale this week with up to 25 percent off fall/winter merchandise.
- Enjoy up to 50 percent off fall and winter items at Odile (710 N. Wabash Ave.; 312-255-0800, shopodile.com); all sales final.
- Find photography from Leslie Anthony, Verser Engelhard, Brian Kuhlmann, Erika Dufour, and more at the City Gallery in the Chicago Water Tower (806 N Michigan Ave.; 312-744-6630) through Monday, January 10th.
- Neiman Marcus (737 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-642-5900, neimanmarcus.com) features a LaMer Spa on Tuesday, January 4th, and Wednesday, January 5th; call the LaMer counter at 312-642-5900 to book an appointment. Neiman Marcus also holds a LaPrairie Mega Spa on Monday, January 10th, and Tuesday, January 11th. Buy any LaPrairie product to receive a free facial; call the LaPrairie counter at 312-642-5900 to book an appointment.
- Take up to 80 percent off sale merchandise as well as 30 percent off selected items through Sunday, January 9th, at ENAZ (444 Central Ave., Highland Park, 847-433-6466; 309 Happ Rd., Northfield, 847-446-5551; shopenaz.com).
2 weeks ago