Randolph Street Market Holds Inaugural Winter Bazaar
Randolph Street Market (randolphstreetmarket.com) kicks off its 2012 season early with the inaugural Wonderful Winter Market on Saturday, February 4 and Sunday, February 5 at Beaux Arts Plumbers Hall (1340 W. Washington St.). “[Randolph Street Market] usually shuts downs when winter hits,” says Sally Schwartz, creator and executive producer of the art, antiques, and clothing bazaar. “But our audience loves to get together, and our vendors love to sell, so there’s no reason to stop.” This weekend’s event features 75 vendors from around the country, as well as complimentary treats, cocktails, and Valentine’s Day-themed activities. Explore goods from Chicago sellers including Pavilion (pavilionantiques.com) and Nora del Busto (noradelbusto.com), as well as from eclectic dealers such as Mrs. Nora Room 102, which converts children’s books and illustrations into framed wall art (from $75); Midwest Toaster Authority, which sells an assortment of restored chrome toasters (from $150); and Paper Honey, which offers handmade greeting cards ($1 to $4). Tickets are $8 in advance at randolphstreetmarket.com or $10 at the door.
Top Sales This Week
Wear red to Macy’s (macys.com for stores) Wednesday, February 1 through Sunday, February 5 in honor of American Heart Month to receive 20 percent off a wide selection of merchandise. (Forget to wear red? Make a $2 donation to the American Heart Association to receive the discount.)
Eleven salons and spas in Downtown Glen Ellyn (downtownglenellyn.com) offer select treatments and services for $5 during the Spa Hop on Tuesday, February 7 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Visit downtownglenellyn.com to book up to three appointments with participating businesses.
The Best of the Rest
- Neapolitan Collection (715 Elm St., Winnetka; 847-441-7784, neapolitanonline.com) features a trunk show for the French jewelry line Eternamé Wednesday, February 1 through Saturday, February 4.
- Roslyn (2035 N. Damen Ave.; 773-489-1311, roslynboutique.com) hosts a By Erin Gordon jewelry trunk show with treats, sparkling wine, and a bracelet giveaway on Saturday, February 4 from 12 to 5 p.m.
- Kate Boggiano (kateboggiano.com) takes up to 60 percent off dresses, jackets, tops, skirts, and accessories through Sunday, February 5 (online only).
- Marlowe (800 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-988-9398, marlowe.com), an Italian line of cashmere knitwear for women, takes up to 60 percent off all previous seasons’ collections through the end of February.
- FuturGarb (1359 N. Milwaukee Ave.; 773-276-1450, futurgarb.com), a men’s and women’s clothing and accessories boutique, takes 20 percent off everything in the store every Wednesday in February.
- Relax and rejuvenate with discounted massages, facials, manicures, and other services ($39 to $59) from dozens of local salons through the PrettyCity.com “Love You” campaign. Visit prettycity.com/love for a list of deals and participating merchants.
Openings, Closings, and Relocations
Vera Wang (945 N. Rush St.; 312-379-5355, verawang.com) celebrates the grand opening of its bridal boutique in the Gold Coast this Thursday, February 2 from 6 to 8 p.m.
Connect (1330 N. Milwaukee Ave.; 773-360-1520), a lifestyle boutique in Wicker Park, takes 50 to 70 percent off nearly everything in the store until inventory runs out. Owner Jonathan Shaun is converting the space into a retail showroom and design studio for his clothing line Nonetheless Garments (nonethelessgarments.com).
After seven years in River North, Urban Spa Chic (urbanspachic.com) relocates to the West Loop in early March, when it transforms into skin care and hair removal center Exfole8 (1308 W. Madison St.; 312-492-8050).
p + L (2956 N. Clark St.; 773-248-3758, pandlchicago.com) shutters its East Lake View boutique for men, women, and kids on Monday, February 20. Starting Wednesday, February 1, owners Paul and Leena Chiemmongkoltip take 50 percent off all merchandise until the shop closes. (A plan to relaunch p + L in a new neighborhood is in the works.)
Posted in Sales Check