Found Vintage Living (1551 W. Bryn Mawr Ave., 312-852-5097, foundvintageliving.com), a new lifestyle store specializing in vintage furniture, barware, lamps, art, and accessories, opened its doors in Andersonville last month. Co-owners and avid collectors Brian Mattes and Kevin Schultz have scoured the nation to stock their shop with pieces from the 50s, 60s, and 70s, along with unique industrial pieces. The focus of Found, Mattes says, is timeless style and great design. Peek into the store and you’ll find vintage walnut lamps with grass cloth shades ($125 a pair), teak nesting tables ($195), and a vintage coffee table with a built-in planter ($495).
Top Sales This Week
Now through the end of the month, The Oak Street Council (oakstreetchicago.com) holds its annual Let It Snow sale at participating stores between Michigan Avenue and State Street. Map out your designer sale-crawl: Up to 60 percent off designer clothing, shoes, and accessories at Barneys New York (15 E. Oak St.); 40 to 60 percent off on select styles at Vince (106 E. Oak St.); up to 50 percent off fall/winter collections at the newly opened Lanvin (116 E. Oak St.); 60 percent off fall/winter collections and an additional 20 percent off sale items at Escada (51 E. Oak St.); 40 percent off fall and winter handbags at Furla (106 E. Oak St.); an additional 25 percent off sale prices at Jack Spade (47 E. Oak St.); 40 percent off select merchandise, starting Friday, at Loro Piana (39 E. Oak St.); up to 35 percent off at Paul Stuart (107 E. Oak St.); up to 40 percent off select merchandise at Scoop NYC (1009 N. Rush St); and up to 60 percent off select styles at Madison and Friends and The Denim Lounge (43 E. Oak St.).
The Best of the Rest
- Art Effect (934 W. Armitage Ave., 773-929-3600, shoparteffect.com) is in the midst of its biggest sale of the season. Take an additional 50 percent off already reduced sale items, in-store and online.
- Virtu (2034 N. Damen Ave., 773-235-3790, virtuchicago.com) celebrates 12 years of business with dozens of in-store surprises, all day long on Saturday. Expect sips, sweets, and savings, including 40 percent off seasonal items.
- The folks from Vintage Garage Chicago (vintagegaragechicago.com) hold VCG Winter Garage—an indoor winter market at 1134 West Granville Avenue in Edgewater with 25 vintage vendors hawking clothing, home décor, mid-century furniture, and more—Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. A $5 admission fee gets you in.
- Downtown Highland Park hosts its first Indoor sidewalk sale Thursday through Saturday. Check downtownhp.com for a list of participating stores like E Street Denim (1876 1st St., #100), Francesca’s (1850 2nd St., #106), and Bett’s & B2 (678 Central Ave).
- At Penelope’s (1913 W. Division St., 773-395-2351, shoppenelopes.com), fall and winter stock is now 40 to 50 percent off, both online and in the shop.
Lincoln Square is now home to children’s boutique Lollipop Seeds (4726 N. Lincoln Ave., 773-769-3557, shoplollipopseeds.com). Find clothing, books, toys, and lots of Chicago-centric merchandise for kids.
6 days ago