Nearly 20 years after its founding, AllSaints Spitalfields (700 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-283-0400, us.allsaints.com) has opened its first Chicago location. Although the British brand’s vintage-inspired looks first became available in the city last year at Bloomingdale’s (900 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-440-4460, bloomingdales.com), the new 11,000 square-feet store, which opened last month, gives locals a much larger selection of accessories and clothing. Men’s styles include muted graphic T-shirts in black, gray, cream, and brown ($49 and up) as well as blazers ($95 to $390), bags ($150 to $600), and wallets ($50 to $150). Women will find dresses ($75 to $700) and tops ($45 to $350) in brighter shades, including green, purple, and pink. Chicago’s store looks like a European train station and is decorated with 1,800 vintage sewing machines, cinema pantograph light fixtures, and flat iron black steel trusses.
Top Sales This Week
The 40/30/20 sale returns to M2 Boutique (3527 N. Southport Ave.; 773-248-9866, mboutiquechicago.com) on Saturday, July 16. Save 40 percent on all purchases from 9 to 11 a.m., 30 percent on purchases from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., and 20 percent from 2 to 6 p.m. Meanwhile, M4Men (3525 N. Southport Ave.; 773-698-6407) offers 30 percent off all merchandise from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., and 20 percent off purchases from 2 to 6 p.m.
City Soles (2001 W. North Ave.; 773-489-2001, citysoles.com) holds its annual nickel sale on Thursday, July 14, from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Buy any pair of shoes at full-price and get a second pair for a nickel.
The Best of the Rest
- Enjoy up to 70 percent at selected shops in downtown Hinsdale (hinsdalechamber.com) during the neighborhood’s Annual Sidewalk Sale on Friday, July 15, and Saturday, July 16, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Julie Watson Style (900 N. Michigan Ave., 5th floor; 888-535-0047, juliewatsonstyle.com) hosts a Charlotte Brody spring/summer 2011 sample sale on Wednesday, July 13th and Thursday, July 14, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- For Bastille Day, CarefulPeach Boutique (1024 North Blvd., Oak Park; 708-383-3066, carefulpeach.com) features live accordion music, Parisian refreshments, and 15 percent off selected merchandise, Saturday, July 16, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Jayson Home & Garden (1885 N. Clybourn Ave.; 773-248-8180, jaysonhomeandgarden.com) kicks off its semiannual Floor Model & More sale on Friday, July 15, with up to 50 percent off furniture, accessories, and vintage items.
- Spend $250 at DNA2050 (900 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-944-0040, dna2050.com) and get $50 off your purchase through Wednesday, July 20.
- Belly Dance Maternity (1647 N. Damen Ave.; 773-862-1133, bellydancematernity.com) features an in-store warehouse sale on Saturday, July 16, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Originally ranging from $50 to $350, items from Paige Premium Denim, Michael Stars, Ella Moss and other brands will be $10 to $50. Cash only.
- Deep discounts, up to 65 percent off, abound on remaining summer merchandise at Neiman Marcus (737 N. Michigan Ave.; 312 642-5900, neimanmarcus.com) during its Last Call sale, running Wednesday, July 13, through Wednesday, July 20.
- Chefs and the City provides treats from 30 Chicago chefs and a fashion show prepared by designer Maria Pinto, the creative director at Mark Shale, on Friday, July 15, from 7 to 9:30 p.m. at The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (160 E. Pearson St.; 312-266-1000, fourseasons.com/chicagorc). Tickets are $250; proceeds go to Vital Bridges (vitalbridges.org).
- Meet the designer Mandy Coon and enjoy Champagne and an autumn/winter 2011 preview at Lissa (750 N. Franklin St., suite 104; 312-563-9470, lissachicago.com) on Friday, July 15, from 4 to 8 p.m. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Central Street, Evanston Sidewalk Sale (centralstreet-evanston.com) happens Thursday, July 14, through Sunday, July 17, and features up to 70 percent off at local shops, entertainment, and more.
Extras at E Street Denim (1876 First St., Highland Park; 847-668-9286) closed its retail location last Saturday, July 9, but the shop will continue to offer its products online at shopextrasonline.com. Sales Check readers who enter promo code “Chicago” at online checkout get 20 percent off through Friday, July 15.
2 weeks ago