Flirty and Fab
In need of a new outfit for that upcoming bridal shower? How about a dress for this weekend’s work event? Mes Amies (2428 N. Lincoln Ave.; 773-697-7600), a new women’s boutique in Lincoln Park, brings Chicago women a refreshing selection of casual looks for work and play. “Feminine, fun, and romantic are the words we use most,” says the owner, Casey Plasch, who opened the shop in late May. “We focus on reasonably priced clothing that has a classic style [with] a bit of southern flair.” Plasch says pieces she carries must satisfies a few criteria, including bra friendliness, longevity of the style, and wearability at night. She recently added the colorful line of flirty dresses from Judith March ($100). Mes Amies, which means “my girlfriends” in French, also features some gift items and jewelry, such as crocheted wire with stone necklaces, bracelets, and earrings ($30 to $80) from the designer Alejandra Grunauer.
Top Sales This Week
The Heshima Kenya 2011 Fashion Challenge features creations by Chicago designers, each using one scarf from the Maisha Collective, on Tuesday, July 26, from 6 to 9 p.m., at Aérée Loft Room 1520 (1520 W. Fulton St.). Tickets, available at heshimafashionchallenge.com, are $50 for drinks and appetizers, or $120 for VIP seating, goodie bag, and a pair of Melissa Shoes. Event proceeds go to the Maisha Collective (heshimakenya.org).
Take 50 to 75 percent off clothing, shoes, jewelry, home décor, and more during the Highland Park Sidewalk Sale (847-432-0284, chamberhp.com) Thursday, July 28, through Saturday, July 30. Located on Central Avenue from Green Bay Road to Sheridan Road in Highland Park, shoppers can enter to win prizes from the neighborhood raffle.
The Best of the Rest
- The Chicago Fashion Incubator (chicagofashionincubator.org) annual open house takes place on Thursday, July 28, from 12 to 2 p.m. at Macy’s State Street (111 N. State St.; 312-781-1000, visitmacyschicago.com). RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Get 20 percent off shoes and handbags, and 10 percent off jewelry and scarves during the summer sale at Mulberry & Me (2019 W. Division St.; 773-952-7551, mulberryandme.com).
- The Milwaukee Avenue Arts Festival (milwaukeeavenueartsfestival.org) returns to Logan Square with more than 30 locally curated art exhibitions, an indoor art market, music, and performances, Friday, July 29, through Sunday, July 31. Tickets are $10 for a three-day wristband, which is also good for discounts and specials at local boutiques and vendors.
- In honor of Oak Park Festival Theatre’s production of Henry V, CarefulPeach Boutique (1024 North Blvd., Oak Park; 708-383-3066, carefulpeach.com) hosts a medieval-themed party with refreshments, a cheese platter, and a reading from the play by the actors on Thursday, July 28, from 5 to 8 p.m. Fifteen percent of event proceeds go to PAWS Chicago.
- Leslie Hindman (1338 W. Lake St.; 312-280-1212, lesliehindman.com) holds its next marketplace auction on Wednesday, July 27, and Thursday, July 28, at 12 p.m. A preview takes place Tuesday, July 26, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Buy a pair of new frames at LensCrafters (877-753-6727, lenscrafters.com) and get 50 percent off lenses through Monday, September 12.
- Randolph Street Market Festival offers more vintage and antique goodies on Saturday, July 30, and Sunday, July 31, at 1340 West Washington Boulevard. Tickets are $10 at the gate or $8 in advance via randolphstreetmarket.com.
- Save 10 to 50 percent on everything at Florodora (330 S. Dearborn St.; 312-212-8860, florodora.com) and Florodora Shoes (330 S. Dearborn St.) through Saturday, July 30.
- Chicago Premium Outlets (1650 Premium Outlets Blvd., Aurora; 630-585-2200, premiumoutlets.com/chicago) holds its annual The Back-to-School & Fall Preview sale with extra discounts at selected stores Thursday, July 28, through Monday, August 1. Deals include 30 percent off new merchandise at Elie Tahari and up to 40 percent off selected items at the Hugo Boss Factory Store.
- Take up to 60 percent off fair-trade accessories, eco-friendly jewelry, and sustainable kitchen products at Greenheart’s online shop (greenheartshop.org) through Saturday, July 30.
Closings and Relocations
After months of anticipation, Ikram opens its new 16,000-square-foot space at 15 East Huron Street (312-587-1000, ikram.com) on Wednesday, July 27.
2 weeks ago