Study Hall (912 N. Ashland Ave., 312-733-4255, shopstudyhall.com), a new boutique in West Town, opened its doors last week with a concept that loosely mimics the academic semester. The owners, Malcolm Felder and Naoko Nagano, focus on a different subject each season, and then they curate the shop’s inventory to match it. Right now, they’re into hand-printed textiles—specifically ones made by Marüshka. And for the store’s debut collection, they collaborated with the iconic Michigan-based design house to print tees, tanks, stationery, and decorative canvases that are exclusive to Study Hall and its online store. The shop also stocks a rotating selection of accessories, art books, housewares, and men’s and women’s clothing. Find leather moccasins by Manimal ($180), striped tees by Covet ($65), and Izola vegetable wax candles ($34). The boutique is open by appointment and during weekends: Study Hall is in session Fridays and Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sundays from 12 to 5 p.m.
Top Sales This Week
Scour racks of summer styles marked down by 20 to 70 percent at Camden Boutique (106 W. 2nd St., Elmhurst, 630-834-4870, camdenboutique.com) during the shop’s sidewalk sale Friday, August 3 through Sunday, August 5. Bonus: Newly arrived fall styles also are 15 percent off.
For one week only, Lissa (750 N. Franklin St., Suite 104, 312-563-9470, lissachicago.com) takes 30 percent off all merchandise, including sale items. We’re talking clothes, bags, and jewelry from designers such as Rodebjer, Risto, and Sally Lapointe. The sale starts Tuesday, July 31 and ends Tuesday, August 7.
The Best of the Rest
- Today’s your last chance to nab an extra 30 percent off duds from designers including Shoshanna, Autumn Cashmere, and Rebecca Taylor at Handle With Care (1706 N. Wells St., 312-751-2929, handlewithcarechicago.com). Book it over to Old Town—the store’s open until 7 p.m.
- Mulberry & Me (2019 W. Division St., 773-952-7551, mulberryandme.com) hosts a happy hour trunk show for Leighelena jewelry and accessories on Thursday, August 2 from 6 to 8 p.m. Shop, sip complimentary drinks, and maybe even score one of the colorful leather cuffs given away each hour. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The songstress Dev (of “In the Dark” fame) makes an appearance at ULTA (114 S. State St., 312-279-5081, ulta.com) Friday, August 3 from 1 to 3 p.m. Catch a peek of the Lollapalooza performer and get a free “smoky eye” makeover from a CK One makeup artist.
- Snag 50 to 70 percent off designer footwear at City Soles (2001 W. North Ave., 773-489-2001, citysoles.com) during its Summer Markdown Sale (while supplies last).
- Everything (repeat: everything) is 30 percent off at the local men’s and women’s boutique Sir & Madame (938 N. Damen Ave., 773-489-6660, sirandmadame.com). Shop in the store or online with the checkout code SS30. The sale goes on until Sir & Madame call it off.
Lace up your sneaks and pop into NikeFuel House (1800 N. Stockton Dr., 312-218-2795, nike.com), a temporary sports center and pop-up shop in Lincoln Park. Check out Nike’s local Twitter feed (twitter.com/nikechicago) for announcements on pickup basketball games, free running clubs, and special releases of Nike shoes and gear.
1 week ago