The new Hermès (25 E. Oak St.; 312-787-8175, hermes.com) holds its grand opening event on Thursday, June 10th in the former Barneys New York location. Stocked with equestrian goods and Kelly bags, the 6,000-square-foot retail space includes a dazzling modern spiral staircase winding up its heart—a feature not even found at the 24 Faubourg Saint-Honoré boutique in Paris. It goes without saying, but Hermès’ extra square footage brings a bigger selection of men’s and women’s ready-to-wear, handbags, watches, and, of course, scarves. “I don’t think people will believe the scarf area when they see it,” says Robert Chavez, the president and CEO of Hermès USA. Also find an expanded women’s salon at the top of the spiral staircase and an equestrian section with everything from riding pants to polos. Later this year, Hermès will carry made-to-measure men’s suits (from $4,300) as well as its new fall handbag line, So Black (from $5,300), which is remarkable for its glossy, blacked-out hardware. “Chicago is such an important market—we want to make this new location a Midwest flagship,” says Chavez. Hermès celebrates its opening with the exclusive Paddock scarf ($375), a limited edition silk-twill piece in four color combinations that reads “2010 Hermès à Chicago.” –Cassie Walker
Top Sales This Week
Pretty in Pilsen (773-474-7987, prettyinpilsen.com) returns with new collections and sample sale racks from Kate Boggiano (kateboggiano.com), Objets d’Envy (objetsdenvy.com), ColeHaddon Showroom (colehaddon.com), Jess Audey (audey.com), and Anna Hovet (annahovet.com) at 2150 South Canalport Avenue on Friday, June 11th from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Guests who spend $100 will receive a 10 percent off a VIP card for future Pretty in Pilsen event purchases. Cardholders also receive an extra 5 percent off for bringing new friends to future events. RSVP to email@example.com.
Re.Stock Shop (312-243-9434, restockshop.com), a Chicago-based pop-up designer sample sale, returns with a series of events this month. Save up to 80 percent on samples and overstock from Serpico, Kensie Denim, Prophetik, and more, Friday, June 11th through Sunday, June 13th; Friday, June 18th through Sunday, June 20th; Thursday, June 24th through Saturday, June 27th at 901 West Madison Street.
The Best of the Rest
- Krista K (3458 N. Southport Ave., 773-248-1967, kristak.com) and Krista K Maternity + Baby (3530 N. Southport, 773-248-4477) both hold multi-designer dress trunk shows through Sunday, June 13th. Look for styles from Black Halo, Splendid, Marisa Swystun, Twelfth Street, and more for 20 percent off. In addition to the dress event, Krista K hosts a Rachel Olesker jewelry trunk show on Friday, June 11th and Saturday, June 12th.
- The first-ever baby blowout sale at Belly Dance Maternity (1647 N. Damen Ave., 773-862-1133, bellydancematernity.com) features at least 60 percent off baby merchandise, Saturday, June 12th from 9 to 11 a.m. Chicago location only.
- In honor of Father’s Day, buy a massage series from Mario Tricoci (for locations, tricoci.com) through Sunday, June 20th and get a plush Mario Tricoci robe. Save 10 percent when you purchase a series of six massages; buy seven massages and get one free; or, buy 10 massages and get two free. In addition to the spa deals, save 20 percent when you refill 8.5-ounce Mario Tricoci Match shampoos and conditioners.
- Chicago School of Hot Yoga opens at 2442 North Lincoln Avenue on the second floor (773-868-9642, chicagoschoolofhotyoga.com), Tuesday, June 8th. For a list of class schedules and more, visit chicagoschoolofhotyoga.com.
- Dozens of Chicagoland spas and salons offer discounted services, from $39, during Prettycity.com’s Green and Gorgeous campaign. Visit prettycity.com/green for a list of participating businesses and their limited-time specials.
- The “Suites and the Second City” package at the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago (120 E. Deleware Pl.; 312-280-8800, fourseasons.com/chicagofs) features a $50 gift card to the 900 Shops (shop900.com), a complimentary makeover for each guest at Bloomingdale’s (bloomingdales.com), $100 spa credit, a private cocktail hour, and an executive suite starting at $625 a night. To book, call 312-280-8800 or go to fourseasons.com/chicagofs.
- Save 20 percent off all spa services from massages to facials at Aphora Day Spa (2300 Chestnut Ave., Glenview; 847-510-1240, aphoradayspa.com) this month. Visit aphoradayspa.com for the full list of services.
- Tell a joke during checkout at Wolfbait & B-girls (3131 W. Logan Blvd.; 312-698-8685, wolfbaitchicago.com) and receive 20 percent off any item in the store, excluding fine art. Also, the boutique hosts its Booze, Schmooze, n’ Craft event, $30, on Saturday, June 12th from 7 to 9 p.m., with a resin pendant-making workshop and drinks.
Attention Sales Check readers: We want your feedback! Why do you subscribe to this newsletter? What do you love about it? What do you hate? Are there sales and shopping events at Chicagoland stores that we’re missing? Please send your tips, complaints, and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.Edit Module