Twice as Nice
Meaning “downtown escape” in Italian, Fuga Centro (8 S. Michigan Ave.; 312-332-3842, salonfuga.com) is the sister location of Lake View spa and salon; both offer hair, nail, facial, body, waxing, and enhancement treatments using products from Italy. “We didn’t feel like there was a really complete, high-end salon and day spa south of the river, and we wanted to fill that void,” says Kristen Cote-Favaro, who owns Fuga Centro with her husband, Antonio Favaro. The Michigan Avenue location, which opened last month, offers haircuts (for women, $60 and up; for men, $40 and up), Brazilian keratin treatments ($350 and up), and lip and chin waxing ($15 and up), as well as apparel. Shoppers will find Italian clothing from Roberto Pesce for men and women, including dresses and shirts ($100 and up), trench coats ($300 and up), and suits ($1,000 and up); Fuga Centro can also do tailoring for custom orders. This month, save $30 on any facial treatment on Tuesdays and $10 on any waxing service on Thursdays.
Top Sales This Week
The Sassy City Chicks Fashion Bash (sassycitychicks.com), a traveling nationwide sample sale, stops by Chicago’s Venue One (1044 W. Randolph St.) on Thursday, June 16, from 5 to 10 p.m. Get up to 80 percent off clothing, jewelry, and accessories from big-name brands, up-and-coming labels, and local designers. Tickets, available at sassycitychicks.com, are $10 for general admission or $20 for the Sassy tote status, which includes a gift bag, and complimentary spa services and cocktails.
Kickin’ (2142 W. Roscoe St.; 773-281-6577, kickinmaternity.com) celebrates five years with live music, mimosas, snacks, and discounts on Thursday, June 16, from 6 to 9:30 p.m.
The Best of the Rest
- Downtown Oak Park (downtownoakpark.net) holds its next Thursday Night Out event, featuring deals at local shops and music and dining discounts, on Thursday, June 16, from 5 to 9 p.m. Participating shops include CarefulPeach Boutique (1024 North Blvd., Oak Park; 708-383-3066, carefulpeach.com), Ten Thousand Villages (121 N. Marion St.; 708-848-4572, oakpark.tenthousandvillages.com), and Muse (106 N. Marion St., Oak Park; 708-948-7052, museoakpark.com).
- Get 20 percent off all new cabinetry orders at Ligne Roset (440 N. Wells St.; 312-222-9300, lignerosetchicago.com) through Sunday, June 19.
- Sine Qua Non (2766 N. Lincoln Ave., 773-871-2280; 3417 N. Lincoln Ave., 773-404-8789; 5057 N. Clark St., 773-649-0101; sinequanonsalon.com) celebrates the opening of its new West Town location (2038 W. Chicago Ave.) with treats, drinks, and music on Friday, June 17, from 7:30 to 10 p.m. RSVP to RSVP@skirtpr.com before the event.
- For Father’s Day, Nicholas Joseph Custom Tailors (300 W. Grand Ave.; 312-895-1577, customsuitsyou.com) offers a custom tie and personalized set of engraved mother-of-pearl collar stays for $150 through Sunday, June 19.
- Discovery Clothing (773-463-3700, discoveryclothing.com), in conjunction with Ford Models Chicago (fordmodels.com), kicks off its “Get Discovered” model search on Friday, June 17, from 2 to 4 p.m., at 3348 West Belmont Avenue. The search will continue at various Chicagoland Discovery locations through Saturday, July 9; visit the open call listing (scouting.fordmodels.com/opencall/) for the list of dates and stores.
- The Ladies Night Out shopping event in Downtown Wilmette (wilmette.com) features make-up demonstrations, discounts, wine and food tastings, and more in the town’s Village Center on Thursday, June 16, from 5 to 9 p.m.
- The Salon Series (thesalonseries.com) returns with Champagne, food from City Provisions (cityprovisions.com), and 30 percent off selected fashions from Lara Miller (931 W. Cornelia Ave.; 773-296-4442, laramiller.net) on Monday, June 20, and Monday, June 27, at 6 p.m. Tickets, $45, are available at thesalonseries.com.
- Dads who get a haircut at State Street Barbers (for locations, statestreetbarbers.com) on Saturday, June 18, or Sunday, June 19, will receive a free haircut for their son.
- Karen Millen (900 N. Michigan Ave., third floor; 312-867-1760, karenmillen.com) kicks off its end-of-season sale with Champagne, hors d’oeuvres, and up to 50 percent off selected clothing and accessories on Wednesday, June 15, from 5 to 8 p.m. RSVP to KNM4418@mosaic-fashions.co.uk; the first 100 people to RSVP get an additional 10 percent off their purchase.
- Spend $50 at Grasshopper 510 (grasshopper510.com) and get 20 percent off the order through Sunday, June 19. Use promo code “dad19” for the discount.
6 days ago