Photo: courtesy Milk Handmade
For a short respite from crowded festivals and sprawling street markets, check out the intimate outdoor shopping social at Red Door (2118 N. Damen Ave., 773-697-7221, reddoorchicago.com) on Sunday from 4 to 6 p.m. Held out on the restaurant’s charming, light-strung patio, the inaugural Bucktown Bazaar will feature eight of the neighborhood’s independent boutiques: Shop letterpress stationery and hostess gifts from Virtu, women’s fashion from Roslyn, men’s labels from Vividbraille, jewelry from Radiance Fine Jewelry, floral arrangements by Larkspur, plus-size apparel from vive la femme, lingerie from g boutique, and home goods from Valentia.
An optional $10 donation goes back to the community, supporting the Wicker Park & Bucktown Chamber of Commerce, and buys you appetizers and a champagne cocktail.
Top Sales This Week
Score free chair massages, polish changes, eyelash extensions, and cocktails in Andersonville this Thursday. From 5 to 9 p.m., neighbors Milk Handmade (5137 N. Clark St., 847-833-6309, milkhandmade.com) and Urban Mischief (5135 N Clark St., 630-254-0271, urbanmischiefchicago.com) hostess a Girl’s Night Out party for shoppers. The shops will dole out a limited number of gift bags, and for every $100 purchase you make, you’ll get a $20 gift card to use on a later visit.
Click through Akira’s virtual yard sale to find prices marked as low as a very tempting $5.
The Best of the Rest
- It’s time to bid adieu to remaining spring apparel at Penelope’s (1913 W. Division St., 773-395-2351, shoppenelopes.com). Shop in-store or online for 20 to 60 percent off men’s and women’s collections by Sessun, Our Legacy, APC, Brooklyn Tailors, Folk, Dusen Dusen, Something Else, Gitman Vintage, and more.
- Haberdash (haberdashmen.com) hosts a gents’ fashion show Thursday at ROOF on theWit (201 N. State St., 312-239-9502, roofonthewit.com/runway). Entrance is free and the show starts at approximately 7 p.m.
- All in-store merchandise (knit dresses, pima cotton tees, alpaca sweaters) is 25 percent off Saturday through Monday at Peruvian Connection (925 W. Armitage Ave., 773-975-4088, peruvianconnection.com) in Lincoln Park. What’s more, in honor of Peru’s Festival of the Sun, you’ll receive a free sunflower with your purchase.
- Sofia (100 E. Walton St., Suite 106, 312-640-0878, sofialivelovely.com) boutique holds a Summer Solstice event from noon to 6 p.m. on Saturday, during which the shop debuts the “American Dream” collection from For Love and Lemons. Stop by from 4 to 6 p.m. to check out Blowtique’s braid bar and sip a complimentary libation.
- North Shore design store Mark David Designs (260 E. Deerpath, Lake Forest, 847-714-9970, markdaviddesigns.com) has begun its summer sale. From now until July 13, take 20 to 50 percent off all merchandise (excluding special orders), including Thorson Hosier Frames, elegant Mottahedeh tableware, fine furnishings, and seasonal décor.
- Thursday through Sunday, kid’s clothing store The Red Balloon Co. (theredballoon.com) sets up a warehouse sale at 1960 North Damen Avenue. Find bargain bins filled with apparel from brands like Egg, City Threads, Charlie Rocket, and Pink Chicken.
3 days ago