Chicagoans in the northern suburbs have a new destination for spa services—Zaza Salon and Day Spa (1101 S. Milwaukee Ave., Suite 101, Vernon Hills; 847-793-1111, zazasalon.com). “We’re not here to only make you look good. We want to enhance your quality of life,” says co-owner Leo Zarovsky, who opened the salon with his mother, Helen, last December. Zaza features both basic services—such as haircuts and styling (from $55 for ladies, from $30 for men), manicures (starting at $20), pedicures (starting at $36), and spray tanning ($40 for full body)—as well as more intricate procedures, including herbal scalp treatments ($30) and bio-marine tightening facials ($90). Zaza’s European Getaway ($220), a four-hour beauty package, consists of a classic facial, manicure, and pedicure as well as a full body Swedish massage and lunch with a glass of wine or juice. The owners say that every esthetician, nail technician, stylist, colorist, and massage therapist has at least five years experience; Zaza also focuses on cleanliness, featuring pipeless tubs to prevent bacteria buildup. “We’re probably in the one percent of spas that use them,” Zarovsky says. To obtain a full list of services or schedule an appointment, call 847-793-1111. Walk-ins also welcome.
Top Sales This Week
Post 27 (1819 W. Grand Ave.; 312-829-6122, post27store.com) holds a backroom sale with great deals on furniture, including chairs from $20 to $60, dressers from $100 to $175, lamps from $30 to $60, tabletop accessories starting at $2, and more; March 7th and 8th.
The furniture showroom Luminaire (301 W. Superior St.; 312-664-9582, luminaire.com) celebrates its 35-year anniversary with cocktails and hors d’oeuvres March 4th from 6:30 to 9 p.m. The event includes a design-questionnaire contest; winners receive gift certificates worth $1,500, $700, and $500. RSVP to 312-664-9582.
Saffron (2064 N. Damen Ave.; 773-486-7753, saffronchicago.com) offers up to 75 percent off clothing, 25 percent off stationery, and 30 percent off jewelry, home furnishing, accessories, and all other store items until it closes shop in May.
The Best of the Rest
- Preggers (900 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-943-6262, preggersmaternity.com) celebrates two years with discounts throughout the month. In-store shoppers receive 20 percent off bedding sets and accessories March 6th and 8th, 20 percent off infant clothing March 13th to 15th, and 20 percent off maternity clothing March 20th through 22nd. Preggers’ birthday party takes place March 28th with 15 percent off all items.
- Endeavor Concierge (1732 N. Mohawk St., Suite C and 3200 N. Lake Shore Dr., Suite 2504; 312-268-0008, endeavorconcierge.com) holds a launch party March 5th from 6 to 8 p.m. at Boka (1729 N. Halsted Ave.; 312-337-6070, bokachicago.com) with complimentary hors d’ oeuvres and drinks. Attendees also receive free credits for personal assistant services via e-mail after the event. Reservations required, and space is limited. Call 312-268-0008 or e-mail email@example.com to save a spot.
- Brides-to-be can sort out the details of their big day with the help of The Knot (theknot.com), Catherine Simms Bridal (580 S. Route 59, Naperville; 630-369-9929, catherinesimmsbridal.com), and other wedding professional agencies at A Blissful Affair (ablissfulaffairevent.com). The event, designed to present guests with the latest bridal trends, includes Champagne, hors d’oeuvres, and gift bags; March 8th from 12 to 4 p.m., at The Narnia Estate (16501 135th St., Lemont; 815-836-8617). When bought in advance, the $10 ticket covers the bride plus one, with $5 for each additional guest ticket; at the door, $10 per person.
- le Dress (1741 W. Division St.; 7773-692-9899, ledresschicago.com) holds a spring trunk show preview featuring designs from Horacio Nieto on March 5th from 5 to 8 p.m., Anna Fong on March 6th from 5 to 8 p.m., and Jessica Audey on March 7th from 3 to 6 p.m. Guests can purchase and pre-order spring items from each designer.
- Proclaiming March its customer appreciation month, Hubba-Hubba (3309 N. Clark St.; 773-477-1414, hubbahubbachicago.com) gives 25 percent off new merchandise to Loyalty Card–users March 5th through 8th.
- The Chicago Flower & Garden Show (chicagoflower.com) features 25 themed gardens and more than 100 educational seminars and hands-on workshops, March 7th through 15th at the Navy Pier Exhibition Center (600 E. Grand Ave.; 312-595-5700). Tickets $12 weekdays, $14 weekends.
- In its 40th year, the Winnetka Antiques Show (winnetkaantiques.com) returns with more than 40 antique dealers from across the world March 6th through 8th at the Winnetka Community House (620 Lincoln Ave., Winnetka; 847-446-0537). $15 admission covers entire event.
- P.O.S.H. (613 N. State St.; 312-280-1602, poshchicago.com) holds The Dish Ran Away with the Spoon sale, offering shoppers up to 75 percent off glassware, silverware, dinnerware, and more, March 6th through 15th.
- Zozo for kids (5137 N. Clark St.; 773-506-6120, zozoforkids.com) holds a spring photo event with free 10-to-15 minute photo sessions by Child Essence Photography (childessencephotography.com), March 7th and 8th. While the photo shoots are free, you pay for prints and you must spend at least $30 at the shop before your child’s session. Time slots are limited; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to book a shoot.
- Showcasing the work of five student designers, Macy’s (111 N. State St., 7th floor; 312-781-1000, macys.com) hosts the Chicago Fashion Foundation’s second annual scholarship benefit March 4th from 6 to 8 p.m. Aside from the judges’ revelation of this year’s winner, the event includes drinks, snacks, DJ, and silent auction. The first 150 guests also receive free goody bags. Tickets, $35, can be purchased at chicagofashionfoundation.com or at the door the night of the event.
- Neiman Marcus (737 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-642-5900, neimanmarcus.com) hosts a Matthew Campbell Laurenza trunk show featuring precious and semiprecious stoned bracelets, bangles, and earrings at the designer jewelry counter on the first floor. March 6th and 7th from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Closings and Relocations
- Andersonville’s Hip Fit (1513 W. Foster Ave.; 773-878-4447, hipfitchicago.com) closed its doors Feb. 28th, but the online shop (meneedstuff.com) is still active with up to 90 percent off leftovers and out-of-season items at low prices. The boutique is slated to reopen mid-April as an off-price retailer.
- After shifting a few doors south to 1872 1S North Damen Avenue earlier this month, Malabar reopened as Claudia Kleiner: Malabar Collection (773-321-6685, malabarboutique.com) and currently offers up to 80 percent off clothing.
- Bridal shoe and handbag boutique Blue Tux (773-388-3000, shopbluetux.com) recently moved from its Bucktown location to a second-floor showroom in Lincoln Park at 806 West Armitage Avenue.
14 hours ago