The Marc Jacobs Collection (11 E. Walton St.; 312-649-7260, marcjacobs.com) has finally arrived on the Gold Coast. On the storefront level of the Elysian Hotel, the 3,000-square-foot boutique carries the high-end line of clothing and accessories that you won’t find at the brand’s sister boutique in Bucktown (Marc by Marc Jacobs, which offers more affordable pieces, opened at 1714 North Damen Avenue in early 2008). Favorites from this year’s spring/summer collection include a pearl embroidered black top with camisole ($645); an olive twill jacket with ruffle bottom ($2,200); and boho bags in many sizes ($1,545 to $1,895). Also, look for the aqua floral cotton ruched dress with ruffled skirt ($1,850) from the Resort line. For men, you’ll find a black twill parka ($1,975); an orange cashmere tank ($765); and black knitwear trousers ($695). This boutique is also the third in the nation to carry Little Marc Jacobs, a line of tops, jackets, bottoms, and swimwear for boys and girls. We loved the “Mini MJ!” white and pink heart blouse for $79.
Top Sales This Week
GAVIN Boutique (1939 Central St., Evanston; 847-328-7407, shopgavin.com) holds its “GAVIN in Wonderland” event through Wednesday, March 31st. Pick from a deck of cards to receive up to 20 percent off your purchase or a $250 gift certificate to the boutique.
On Saturday, April 3rd and Sunday, April 4th, pick from the display eggs at le Dress (1741 W. Division St.; 773-697-9899, ledresschicago.com) for a chance to win up to 30 percent off one item.
The Best of the Rest
- Trousseau Lingerie and Swim (3543 N. Southport Ave.; 773-472-2727) holds its spring sale with storewide savings through Monday, April 12th. Take $25 off a $125 purchase, $50 off a $250 purchase, $70 off a $350 purchase, $100 off a $500 purchase, and $175 off a $750 purchase.
- Consign or list a gown through April on WhiteXchange.com, WhiteChicago’s online boutique, and $1 will be donated to The Nature Conservancy (plantabillion.org); the organization plants one tree for every dollar donated.
- Chic Gems Jewlery (chicgemsetc.com, 888-801-8265) hosts an online trunk show through Monday, May 31st to raise money for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer and the Team Assassin. Enter code “TEAMA” at online checkout to receive 10 percent off your purchase and donate 20 percent of your purchase to the Avon Walk-Team Assassin.
- Wear NCAA basketball apparel to State Street Barbers (1151 W. Webster Ave., 773-477-7721; 1545 N. Wells St., 312-787-7722; 3523 N. Southport Ave.; 773-472-7723; statestreetbarbers.com) and receive a haircut for $20 (originally $27) through Monday, April 5th. To receive the discount, customers’ gear must display teams that are still playing in the tournament.
- Chicago Fashion Incubator Pop-Up Shop (900 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-867-4925, shop900.com) holds a Nora del Busto trunk show and Champagne reception on Saturday, April 3rd from 12 to 6 p.m.
- Purchase any series at Mario Tricoci (for locations, tricoci.com) and receive a complimentary three-piece makeup bag, lip gloss, and makeup card through Saturday, April 17th. For more information, call 847-202-1900 or visit tricoci.com/spaservices/spaseries.aspx.
- The Ritz-Carlton Chicago (160 E. Pearson St.; 312-266-1000, fourseasons.com/chicagorc) offers new spring getaway packages through Friday, April 30th. Starting at $445 a night, the “Happy Campers Spring Break” deal (fourseasons.com/chicagorc) features an in-room tent, backpack with gift, s’mores, in-room dining for kids 12 and under, breakfast for two, and parking for one car. For reservations or more information, call 312-266-1000.
- Meanwhile, starting at $410 a night, the “Give Me a Spring Break” package at the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago (120 E. Delaware Pl.; 312-280-8800, fourseasons.com/chicagofs) includes a $50 spa credit; two complimentary cocktails at the Seasons Bar; a $10 iTunes gift card; and in-room dining, ice cream, and bedtime stories for kids. For reservations or more information, call 312-280-8800.
- Meet and take pictures with the supermodel Candice Swanepoel at Victoria’s Secret (victoriassecret.com) on the Magnificent Mile (830 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-280-1050) from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.; and at the Oakbrook Shopping Center (52 Oakbrook Center; 630-954-1830) from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., on Wednesday, March 31st. The first 200 shoppers to take their picture with Candice get a free “I got Naked with Victoria’s Secret” T-shirt.
- Macy’s (111 N. State St.; 312-781-1000, visitmacyschicago.com) holds a men’s designer event with a fashion show, music, drinks, hors d’oeuvres, and more on Thursday, April 1st at 5:30 p.m.
Closings and Relocations
Kinga: European Children’s Shoes (847-428-100; kingashoes.com) moved from the Glen Town Center (1951 Tower Dr., Glenview) to a new location at Plaza Del Lago (1515 Sheridan Rd., Wilmette; 847-920 9950) and is set to open on Thursday, April 1st. The boutique, which features imported European orthopedic shoes for children, opened a second location at the Arboretum of South Barrington (100 W. Higgins Rd., South Barrington) earlier this month.Edit Module