Set to open this spring, L.K. Bennett (900 N. Michigan Ave.; lkbennett.com) brings tailored and modern women’s clothing, shoes, and accessories from London. Though the brand can already be found at selected Bloomingdale’s in Philadelphia, New York, New Jersey, and Washington, L.K. Bennett—named after its founding designer, Linda K. Bennett—the Chicago location will be the brand’s first standalone store in the U.S. “With an ever-increasing demand for the brand from Americans shopping in London, it seems an obvious step to bring L.K. Bennett to cosmopolitan Chicago,’’ says Robert Bensoussan, the executive chairman of L.K. Bennett. New spring looks include a graphic-print dress in silk dupioni ($345), a leopard-print sheer georgette silk blouse with a built-in camisole ($220), and a soft jersey top with a silk cowl neck ($135). The architectural, sleek footwear ($250 to $380) ranges from heels to sandals and boots; accessories include scarves, jewelry, belts, and practical, stylish bags ($275 to $495). –Rebecca Little
Top Sales This Week
For March Madness, The Blues Jean Bar (2210 N. Halsted St.; 773-248-5326, thebluesjeanbar.com) features its Drink Your Discount promotion. All shoppers are invited to pick a display bottle from the bar to receive 10 to 40 percent off their purchase through Thursday, March 31st.
Jayson Home & Garden (1885 N. Clybourn Ave.; 773-248-8180, jaysonhomeandgarden.com) takes 20 percent off all in-stock and custom-order upholstered furniture through Sunday, March 27th. The shop also holds its Petite Flea event, a miniature version of its annual Flea Market event, with one-of-a-kind goods from Palm Beach, Provence, and Belgium, from Friday, March 18th, through Sunday, March 20th.
The Best of the Rest
- The Chicago Fashion Incubator’s Local Designer Pop-Up Shop (900 N. Michigan Ave., 5th level; 312-867-4925, chicagofashionincubator.org) will be open to the public Thursdays through Sundays from Thursday, March 17th to Saturday, April 23rd, 2011.
- Receive a free silk blouse and with any purchase and cocktails at Swaby (1933 N. Damen Ave.; 312-533-1745, shernettswaby.com) on Sunday, March 27th, from 12 to 5 p.m. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, March 20th.
- Anjénu (1747 W. Division St.; 773-469-2212, anjenu.com) holds its spring-cleaning sale with 25 percent off all cards, stationery, candles, and jewelry through Thursday, March 31st.
- To celebrate its new River North showroom, Nicholas Joseph [Custom Tailors] (300 W. Grand Ave.; 312-895-1577, customsuitsyou.com) offers new customers a free custom shirt with any custom suit purchase this month.
- Hermès (25 E. Oak St.; 312-787-8175, hermes.com) hosts “The Festival of Crafts,” featuring demonstrations of scarf printing, watch making, leather stitching, and more, through Wednesday, March 16th.
- Save 50 percent on any green item at Mali Jewelry (204 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-263-0326, malijewelry.com) through St. Patrick’s Day on Thursday, March 17th. To get the discount online, enter code “50”.
- The Salon at ULTA on State Street (114 S. State St.; 312-279-5081, ulta.com) has two new express services. The Brocato Express treatment ($50) offers frizz-free hair for two to three weeks. The 30-minute Girl on the Go facial ($65) cleans, exfoliates, and hydrates.
- Buy any product in the Spacio Spa (2706 N. Halsted St.; 773-244-6500, spaciospa.com) and get 50 percent off a second product.
- Bloomingdale’s (900 N. Michigan Ave., Level 2; 312-440-4460, bloomingdales.com) hosts the master shirt tailor Ike Behar and the designer Steven Behar in the Men’s Store on Tuesday, March 15th, from 6 to 8 p.m. RSVP to 312-440-4515.
- Get a free gift with purchase and 20 percent off the latest designs from TZEN (shoptzen.com) at Sterling & Stones (900 N. Michigan Ave., 6th floor; 312-278-6637) on Friday, March 18th, from 12 to 6 p.m.
Closings and Relocations
After eight and a half years, His Stuff (5314 N. Clark St.; 3162 N. Broadway) closed both boutiques this month.
The Denim Lounge (2004 W Roscoe St.; 773-935-2820) moves down the block to 2039 West Roscoe Street on Tuesday, March 15th. The new location is twice as big, with more dressing rooms and a salt-water fish tank.Edit Module