Preppy by Nature
J. McLaughlin (jmclaughlin.com), the über-preppy brand known for its bright colors and two-way stretch fabrics, celebrates the opening of its third Chicagoland location (53 S. Washington St., Hinsdale; 630-468-2597) with a party on Thursday, March 15 from 6 to 8 p.m. The new J. McLaughlin store gives shoppers in the southwest burbs better access to its constantly growing selection of reversible ribbon belts ($48), handmade silk ties ($65), silk scarves ($115), and Catalina tees ($135 to $155). Stop by the grand opening to explore the new selection spring must-haves, including the women’s slim fit bi-stretch dixie jean ($168) in bold colors, like lime green and coral red, as well as the men’s pima cotton skinny stripe polo shirts ($88) in rose and white, denim and Irish green, and more. For Fido, find a great selection of high-quality collars and leashes ($30 to $75). Fifteen percent off all event sales will benefit the Wellness House (wellnesshouse.org).
Top Sales This Week
Celebrate Christian Louboutin’s 20th anniversary collection, which showcases 20 limited edition styles, in the Ladies’ Shoe Salon at Neiman Marcus (737 N. Michigan Ave.; 800-642-4480, neimanmarcus.com) on Thursday, March 15 from 5 to 7 p.m. RSVP by calling 312-642-5900, extension 4005. Bonus: free martinis.
To celebrate its recent renovations and ten-year anniversary, STELLA (2116 Central St., Evanston; 847-864-5565, stellaevanston.com) holds a Big Bang Bash with refreshments, entertainment, discounts, and more on Thursday, March 15 from 6:30 to 9 p.m.
The Best of the Rest
- The Denim Lounge (2039 W. Roscoe St.; 773-935-2820, thedenimlounge.com) hosts its third annual Girls’ Night Out with mini sex seminars from G Boutique (boutiqueg.com), a wine tasting from Lush Wines & Spirits (lushwineandspirits.com), and the latest samples from Henry & Belle Denim (henryandbelle.com) on Thursday, March 15 from 6 to 9 p.m. Ladies only, and space is limited; RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meet and take photos with model and Chicago native Erin Heatherton at Victoria’s Secret (734 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-280-1050, victoriassecret.com) on Thursday, March 15 from 5 to 7 p.m. During the event, Heatherton will also share style tips as well as introduce new pieces of the Very Sexy Collection and fragrances.
- DuPage Habitat for Humanity (dupagehabitat.org) hosts “Hammers and Heels” Shop and Dine Wheaton on Thursday, March 15 from 6 to 9 p.m. The event, which features more than ten local retailers and restaurants, is held to benefit Women Build, a Habitat for Humanity initiative that educates women on how to build and advocate for affordable housing. The first 100 shoppers receive a complimentary Vera Bradley tote filled with discounts and goodies, and all guests receive a punch card for their chance to win raffle prizes.
- Friday, March 16 through Saturday, March 31, P.O.S.H. (613 N. State St.; 312-280-1602, poshchicago.com) hosts its The Dish Ran Away with the Spoon sale with up to 75 percent off on items including glassware, silverware, and dinnerware.
- Fashion and flowers unite at the 2012 Chicago Flower & Garden Show (chicagoflower.com), running now through Sunday, March 18 at Navy Pier (600 E. Grand Ave.; 312-595-5400). For less than $20, explore more than 25 gardens, products and services from more than 100 vendors, culinary demonstrations, and educational seminars.
- Dozens of Chicagoland spas, fitness centers, salons, and wellness studios offer discounted services and classes during Wellness Week (spafinder.com/wellnessweek), Monday, March 19 through Sunday, March 25. Find the full list of participating businesses and their deals at spafinder.com/wellnessweek.
- WPA Chicago (314 W. Superior St.; 312-335-3855, wpachicago.com) takes 20 percent off Poltrona Frau, Cassina and Cappellini lounge, dining, bedroom, and office collections as well as 15 percent Le Corbusier indoor and outdoor collections through Tuesday, March 20.
1 week ago