Photograph: courtesy of penelope’s
Nine Division Street boutiques (between Paulina Avenue and Hoyne Avenue) are warming up for their fourth-annual March Madness Sale Weekend this Saturday and Sunday.
The starting lineup: le Dress (1741 W. Division St.), Trillium (1744 W. Division St.), Penelope’s (1913 W. Division St.), M.Go (1754 W. Division St.), Mulberry & Me (2019 W. Division St.), Frill (1747 W. Division St.), Urba Baby (1751 W. Division St.), Elevenzees (1903 W. Division St.), and Greenheart Shop (1911 W. Division St.).
At le Dress, find dresses, tops, and accessories from designers such as Milly and Shoshanna priced at up to 60 percent off. Trillium will discount fall, winter, and select spring apparel by 30 to 80 percent. For a footwear fix, head to Frill for 15 percent off your purchase of three or more pairs of shoes and 75 percent off Jeffrey Campbell boots.
Top Sales This Week
Beginning Thursday and running through March 30, Clever Alice (cleveralice.com) hostesses a spring pop-up shop at 17 East Pearson Street in the Gold Coast. Find more than 35 brands like C/Fan (cfan-designs.com) and Anna Hovet (annahovet.com) with prices slashed by up to 75 percent. Shop hours are 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. on Sunday.
Sofia (100 E. Walton St., Ste. 106, 312-640-0878, sofialivelovely.com) racks up the discounts this week with a spring warehouse sale. Now though Sunday, pieces from designers such as Rachel Zoe, Wildfox, and Mara Hoffman will be marked down to $25, $50, $75, $100, $150, and $200. These bargains are offered in-store only and all sales are final.
The Best of the Rest
- Vintage tabletop shop P.O.S.H. (613 N. State St., 312-280-1602, poshchicago.com) is in the midst of its annual Dish Ran Away with the Spoon sale. Score the specials online or in-store through March 31. New this year, P.O.S.H. is dishing out an additional 10 percent discount on all online orders over $100: Use the code DISH10 at checkout.
- This weekend, Edith Hart (1917 N. Damen Ave., 773-252-3350, edithhart.com) hosts a Helena Quinn trunk show featuring spring coats, jackets, and blazers. The show will include exclusive jacket styles created by Helena Quinn designer Andrea Racey and Edith Hart owner, Morgan Gutterman. Stop by on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. to scope out the jackets and chat with Racey.
- Cheeky Chicago (cheekychicago.com) presents its annual Real People of Style spring fashion show this Thursday from 6 to 8 p.m. on the second floor of the 900 North Michigan Shops. Nine Chicago tastemakers—including Emma Arnold of TresAwesome.com, David Barton of David Barton Gym, and Angi Taylor of 103.5 KISS-FM—will take to the runway. Tickets ($25) can be purchased here.
- Look for fresh spring merch and special discounts at Urban Mischief (5135 N. Clark St., 630-254-0271, urbanmischiefchicago.com) and Milk Handmade (5137 N. Clark St., 847-833-6309, milkhandmade.com) as the stores host the first of a new monthly Sip and Shop event on Thursday from 5 to 8 p.m. Complimentary prosecco and sushi will be served.
- Paul Stuart (107 E. Oak St., 312-640-2650, paulstuart.com) holds a “custom suiting” event with its director, Mark Rykken, on Thursday and Friday. Head over for a first look at the brand’s new spring fabrics and styles, as well as special discounts.
- Randolph Street Market (randolphstreetmarket.com) returns to Plumber’s Hall on Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. for its Spring Fling event. Discounted $8 tickets are available online; general admission is $10. Don’t want to pony up the entrance fee? We’re told shoppers who don their finest Easter bonnets to the spring-themed event will be granted free entry.
- Shop more than 5,000 vintage posters at this weekend’s International Vintage Poster Fair (posterfair.com) held at the Chicago Cultural Center (77 E. Randolph St.). Peruse the goods on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Admission is $15.
- While Mali Jewelry (204 N. Michigan Ave., 312-263-0326, malijewelry.com) prepares to move down the street to a 122 South Michigan Avenue this summer, it’s marking down prices 30 to 70 percent on almost every piece of jewelry in the store. Everything must go, including fixtures.
18 hours ago