Opening last week in Bucktown, Ener (1702 N. Damen Ave.; 773-278-4700, enerspachicago.com) is the city’s newest spa. As the name suggests, the theme is energy; guests may tailor services to the spa’s four elements—solar, thermal, lunar, or radiant. The solar facial ($90) features strawberry, rhubarb, stonecrop, and blackberry, while the lunar facial ($120) uses parsley, cucumber, and calendula. Services include nail Brazilian ($65) and underarm waxing ($20), eyebrow threading ($22), manicures (from $28), pedicures (from $48), and services for men (from $30).
Top Sales This Week
Dose, a European-themed food and fashion market, presents a mix of Midwest-based designers, including Shades of Grey (shadesofgreyjewelry.com) and C/FAN (cfan-designs.com), at the River East Art Center (435 E. Illinois St.; 312-321-1001, rivereastartcenter.com) on Sunday, June 5th, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tickets are $8 in advance at dosemarket.com/get-tickets or $10 at the door.
space519 (900 N. Michigan Ave., 5th floor; 312-751-1519, space519.com) hosts a TOPMAN (us.topman.com) pop-up shop with the London-based brand’s summer collection starting Friday, June 3rd, through the end of July.
The Best of the Rest
- The End of Prohibition, hosted by StyleChicago.com, features vintage-inspired fashions, mini-spa services, cocktails, and hors d’oeuvres at the Red Canary (695 N. Milwaukee Ave.) on Thursday, June 16th, from 6 to 9 p.m. You must be 21 or older to attend; advance purchase only. Tickets are $35 or $45 for VIP status, which includes early entry and a goody bag. Call 800-838-3006 or visit stylechicago.com.
- Randoons (962 ½ Green Bay Rd., Winnetka; 847-784-1890, randoons.com) celebrates 12 years with goody bags, snacks, and 15 percent off all purchases Thursday, June 2nd, through Saturday, June 4th.
- The Double Stitch Twins, the sisters Erika and Monika Simmons, teach how to crochet at Michaels (3131 N. Clark St.; 773-327-7127, michaels.com) on Saturday, June 4th, at 2 p.m.
- Lissa (750 N. Franklin St.; 312-563-9470, lissachicago.com) holds its spring cleaning sale, featuring its $100 rack. All designer clothing and accessories on the rack are $100 a piece.
- Save 20 percent on dresses from Black Halo, Ella Moss, Olian, LA Made, and other brands at Krista K (3458 N. Southport Ave.; 773-248-1967, kristak.com) and Krista K Maternity + Baby (3530 N. Southport Ave.; 773-248-4477) on Saturday, June 4th, through Sunday, June 12th.
- Florense Chicago (300 W. Ontario St.; 312-640-0066) holds its annual sample sale with up to 50 percent off showroom pieces.
- Find 25 percent off spring/summer collections as well as a deeply discounted designer rack during the annual yard sale at Robin Richman (2108 N. Damen Ave.; 773-278-6150, robinrichman.com) Friday, June 3rd, and Saturday, June 4th.
- Sebastien Grey Custom Clothiers (for locations, halochicago.com) hosts a summer trunk show with the latest suits, socks, and more on Thursday, June 2nd, from 4 to 8 p.m., at Just Grapes (560 W. Washington Blvd., Suite 100). Tickets ($20) are available in advance at justgrapes.net; the cost of the ticket goes toward any purchase and includes wine and cheese tastings for two.
Urban Joe Wicker Park has re-launched as Winchester Club Barbers & Hairdressers at 1925 West Division Street (773-687-9057). The new shop features haircuts from $21.Edit Module