One Fish, Two Fish
Founded in 2007 by the husband-and-wife team Mandy and Tal Moise, the Chicago-born clothing brand vfish is known for comfortable styles that are reasonably priced. Recently, the couple opened their Lincoln Park flagship store (2937 N. Clark St.; 312-423-7839), which also serves as their atelier and showroom. We love the preppy-chic Tara Jacket ($120) as well as the sleek Ava Dress ($92). The boutique also carries accessories; look for the gorgeous Garden Leaf Bangle ($34.) You can also shop online at vfishdesigns.com.
Top Sales This Week
The Bucktown women’s boutique Helen Yi (1645 N. Damen Ave.; 773-252-3838) offers 20 percent off selected fall merchandise beginning this week. For this week only, get an additional 10 percent off any one item when you mention “Sales Check.”
Eskell (1509 N. Milwaukee Ave.; 773-486-0830), with themidwasteland.com, a fashion-and-culture blog about Chicago, throws a pre-holiday bash on Nov. 22nd. Log onto the themidwasteland.com to receive a 25 percent discount off purchases including sale items.
The Best of the Rest
- The Bucktown staple Veruca Salt (1921 N. Damen Ave.; 773-276-9888) opens a second location at 520 North Kingsbury Street in River North.
- Celebrate Saffron’s (2064 N. Damen Ave.; 773-486-7753) 11th Anniversary on Nov. 22nd from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Customers can enjoy wine and cheese after 3 p.m.
- During November, Red Dog House (2031 N. Damen Ave.; 773-227-7341) and Green Dog Inc. (2231 W. Chicago Ave.; 773-772-4877. greendoginc.com), an eco-friendly day care facility for dogs in Ukrainian Village, will give 20 percent off purchases at Red Dog House or services at Green Dog Inc. to customers who donate towels and canned food for pets in need.
- The Modern Vintage Holiday Market (2301 N. Clark St.; 312-666-1200) returns to Lincoln Park on Nov. 22nd and 23rd. Admission is $10, which includes a $10 shopping voucher and complimentary gift-wrapping on all purchases.
- Kickin’ (2142 W. Roscoe; 773-281-6577) hosts a Charity Clothing Drive now through Nov. 26th, collecting gently used maternity clothes for New Moms Inc. For every item donated, shoppers get 10 percent off a new item.
- The Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs presents Glitter: A Holiday Shopping Event at the Chicago Cultural Center (77 W. Randolph St., Gar Hall, 2nd fl.; 312-744-6630) featuring the best of holiday shopping from local designers such as 1154 Lill Studio, Diego Rocha, K. Amato, and Malabar.
- Malabar (1880 N. Damen Ave.; 773-321-6685) celebrates its second anniversary with a sale; discounts start at 40 percent off. Customers who spend $200 or more receive a free gift (value $125).
- The Daisy Shop (67 E. Oak. St., 6th fl.; 312-943-8880) hosts its November Bling Sale with 20 percent off rhinestone jewelry including necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and other items.
- Enchantments (534 Crescent Ave., Glen Ellyn; 630-469-1989) re-opens this month with a new focus on jBlonde, a line designed by the store’s owner, Jennifer Massarelli. The store also carries clothing by various New York and Los Angeles designers.
- The celebrity favorite denim brand James Jeans opens a new e-commerce outpost at jamesjeans.us. During the month of November, enter code JJG1 for 25 percent off.
- Florodora (330 S. Dearborn.; 312-212-8860) hosts a trunk show on Nov. 21st for local designer Ping Wu featuring his versatile and affordable avant-garde pieces.
- Gamma Player (2035 W. Division.; 773-235-0755) introduces the French brand cinq étoiles luxe. Popular in Europe, cinq étoiles offers a classic but novel approach to menswear.
- Lissa on Maxwell (729 W. Maxwell St.; 312-563-9470) hosts its 2nd Anniversary & Holiday Party on Nov. 20th from 5 to 8 p.m. Customers receive 30 percent off any one item. Wine and cheese will be served. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Material Possessions (704 N. Wabash Ave., 312-280-4885; 954 Green Bay Rd., Winnetka, 847-446-8840) hosts trunk shows for the jewelry designer Clara Williams—on Nov. 19th and 22nd at the Chicago store and on Nov. 20th and 21st at the Winnetka store.