On the Cusp
Womens’ apparel destination Cusp (835 N. Michigan Ave. Ste. 3020; 312-951-2299) opened its sixth national location at Water Tower Place on Nov. 20th. Even though the boutique was founded several years ago as an affordable offshoot of Neiman Marcus, it features well-known designers such as Tory Burch, 3.1 Phillip Lim, and Theory. But shoppers will also find promising up-and-comers including Joie and A Common Thread at great prices ranging from $100 to $700. The boutique also has shoes from industry staples such as the innovative New York-based Pour La Victoíre and Loeffler Randall, as well as bags and accessories from Marc by Marc Jacobs, Alexis Bittar, and Kenneth Jay Lane.
Top Sales This Week
Through the end of December, the Lincoln Park boutique and salon Guise Chic (2128 N. Halsted; 773-929-6101) offers $30 gift certificates with every $100 apparel purchase.
The local designer Melissa Serpico Kamhout opens a boutique on Nov. 28th in Wicker Park. Called Serpico (1514 N. Ashland Ave.; 773-252-5940), the store will offer 40 percent off fall/winter items, as well as limited-edition screened T-shirts.
The Best of the Rest
- ·DNA 2050 (2122 N. Halsted; 773-525-8004) takes up to 40 percent off on selected items this week. Designers include Just Cavalli, William Rast, and Diesel.
- This week, Krista K Maternity + Baby (3530 N. Southport Ave.; 773-248-4477) takes new fall markdowns on Chaiken, T-Bags, Chiarakruza, and Cadeau.
- Art Effect (934 W. Armitage Ave.; 773-929-3600) invites customers to warm up with 30 percent off most outerwear.
- South Loop shoe outpost House of Sole (1237 S. Michigan Ave.; 312-834-0909) offers up to 40 percent off select boots and shoes Nov. 28th through 30th.
- Bridgeport artist Dolan Geiman offers shoppers discounts on all mixed-media works and reproductions; look for the deal at the online haven for handmade goods, etsy.com. All orders over $100 come with a surprise gift.
- Every Wednesday until Jan. 7th, Urban Spa Chic (1401 W. Hubbard St.; 312-492-8050) offers 50 percent off a second spa service with the purchase of one at regular price.
- Online indie designer Evil Kitty has its largest sale to date Nov. 29th through Dec. 6th with 30 percent off all merchandise.
- Bucktown’s canine boutique Red Dog House (2031 N. Damen Ave.; 773-227-7341) participates in Black Friday, Nov. 28th, with 20 percent off the entire store, including treats, toys, and dog apparel.
- The high-end skincare line Duchess Marden hosts a post-Thanksgiving facial event at the Lincoln Avenue location of Merz Apothecary (4716 N. Lincoln Ave.; 773-989-0900) on Nov. 28th from 1 to 4 p.m. Attendees receive a gift with a $50 purchase from the line, as well as a consultation with the founder, Marla Steuer.
- Through the month of December, hair salon and day spa Mario Tricoci (900 N. Michigan Ave. and all other locations; 800-TRICOCI) donates a percentage from all gift card or certificate purchases to American Forests, which says it will plant more than 2,500 trees with the proceeds.
- The women’s wear outpost Simone’s Boutique (1060 Gage St., Winnetka; 847-446-9966) offers 30 to 40 percent off fall and winter collections from Brian Reyes, Ruffian, Malandrino, and others through Nov. 30th.
3 weeks ago