Haute Digs for Tots
The French luxury children’s brand Bonpoint (37 E. Oak St.; 312-475-9140, bonpoint.com), a favorite among celebrity and royal youngsters, opened on the Gold Coast in late October. Known for its detailing and classic cuts, the line takes European style for kids to a new level of sophistication. “We have our own atelier in Paris and fit models—you don’t see that in children’s wear,” says Tricia Miller, the line’s retail director. “We make sure the armholes are right, the dresses are not too wide or short, and the fit is just right for that age and size. We take special care in the smocking, the lacing, the finishing, and the fabrics.” Given the level of attention, it’s no surprise that the clothing, in sizes 0 to 12 for boys and 0 to 16 for girls, is expensive. Dresses and pants range from $150 to $200, coats are $450, cashmere hats are $110, cashmere scarves are $220, and knit cardigans are $125. Later this month, also look for the boutique’s Christmas collection inspired by Alice in Wonderland. –Rebecca Little
Top Sales This Week
Jayson Home & Garden (1885 N. Clybourn Ave.; 773-248-8180, jaysonhomeandgarden.com) holds its annual warehouse sale with up to 90 percent off sofas, chairs, tables, beds, accessories, and more, Friday, November 5th, through Sunday, November 7th, at 701 North Albany Avenue. Guests enjoy free local delivery on all items purchased at the event as well as a 15-percent-off coupon to Jayson Home & Garden.
Art Effect (934 W. Armitage Ave.; 773-929-3600, shoparteffect.com) celebrates 25 years with savings and events throughout November, including free shipping on web orders of $75 or more through Monday, November 15th. On Saturday, November 6th, spend at least $75 and receive a free friendship sweatshirt; all guests get wine and cookies between 12 and 4 p.m.
The Best of the Rest
- Paper Doll (2048 W. Division St.; 773-227-6950, paperdollchicago.com) celebrates 10 years with snacks and 20 percent off everything except custom orders on Saturday, November 6th, from 12 to 8 p.m.
- Find clothing, home accessories, and jewelry from local artists and designers, including Lara Miller and jules, during the Market at Plymouth Court in The Standard Club (320 S. Plymouth Ct.; 312-427-9100, stclub.org) on Thursday, November 4th from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tickets are $15 in advance at stclub.org or $20 at the door.
- Chicago Art Source Gallery (1871 N. Clybourn Ave., 773-248-3100, chicagoartsource.com) kicks off Bizarre Bazaar, a seasonal pop-up art market, with a shopping event on Saturday, November 6th, and Sunday, November 7th, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. In addition to the perfume, soaps, artwork, prints, and jewelry from more than 20 artists that are available through December 31st, shopping can also enjoy jazz music, refreshments, free gift wrapping and tote with purchase.
- Restor Healing Centre (416 E. Roosevelt Rd., Suite 107, Wheaton; 630-682-5090), in conjunction with Knickers of Glen Ellyn (492 N. Main St., Glen Ellyn; 630-469-BRAS, knickersofglenellyn.blogspot.com), offers wine tasting and bra fittings on Tuesday, November 2nd, from 6 to 9 p.m. Guests are encouraged to donate their extra Halloween candy to the 2nd annual “We Want Candy” drive for the troops; in addition to candy donors, those who bring a friend will have the chance to win prizes from Restor, Knickers, The Pampered Chef, and PartyLite, among other businesses.
- Take an extra 10 percent off all red tag items—everything from chandeliers and table lamps to wall sconces and pendants—at Lightology (1718 W. Fullerton Ave.; 866-954-4489, lightology.com) Thursday, November 4th, through Saturday, November 6th.
- Greenheart Shop (1911 W. Division St.; 312-264-1625, greenheartshop.org) holds its next Ladies Night with fair trade wine, shopping, tarot card readings, and chair massages on Monday, November 8th, from 6 to 8 p.m.
- This month, take 20 percent off all customizable beds, functional sleeping, and mattresses at BoConcept (1901 N. Clybourn Ave.; 773-388-2900, boconcept.us). Featured discounts include the Melo sofa for $1,916 (originally $2,395) and an ottoman-bed for $556 (originally $695).
- Charles Ifergan Salon (106 E. Oak St.; 312-642-4484, charlesifergan.com) features the New York-based designer Karolina Zmarlak’s 2010 Fall/Winter collection and the debut of her Spring/Summer 2011 collection. The event, on Saturday, November 6th, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., also features holiday deals, goodies, drinks, and hors d’oeuvres; RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enjoy Champagne, snacks, and holiday dresses by Anna Fong at Cerato (3451 N. Southport Ave.; 773-248-8604, ceratoboutique.com) on Saturday, November 6th, from 1 to 6 p.m., and Sunday, November 7th, from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Furla (106 E. Oak St.; 312-640-9501)—a handbag, wallet, and accessories store—celebrates the grand re-opening of its Oak Street store with cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, music, gift bags, and more on Thursday, November 4th, from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Ten percent of event proceeds go to The Apparel Industry Board; RSVP to email@example.com.
- Meet DKNY’s Fashion and Style Director Anthony Conti at Bloomingdale’s (900 N. Michigan Ave.; 312-440-4460, bloomingdales.com) on Thursday, November 4th, from 6 to 8 p.m. Guests also enjoy hair and makeup touch-ups, cocktails, and hors d’oeuvres. Those who spend at least $300 in DKNY Women’s will also get a free gift; call 312-440-4515 for more information.
2 weeks ago