There’s a 24-Hour Shopping Marathon at the Fashion Outlets of Chicago
Gone are the days of waking up at the crack of dawn for a Black Friday deal: pulling an all-nighter has become the new retail high.
From 10 p.m. (select stores open at midnight) on Thanksgiving until 10 p.m. on Black Friday, the 130-plus retailers at Fashion Outlets of Chicago (5220 Fashion Outlets Way, Rosemont, 847-928-7500, fashionoutletsofchicago.com) hosts the “Fashionably Late” shopping event.
To keep tryptophan-filled shoppers from nodding off, DJ Lani Love pumps the mall with music while shops dole out complimentary refreshments.
Are the deals worth losing a night’s sleep? Take a gander and decide. Read more …
Top Sales and Openings this Week
Your Winter Wardrobe Is About to Get a Boost
The New Zealand outfitter known for its performance merino is set to open a store in the Gold Coast with a Black Friday deal. Read more …
Dose Market Gets Festive
The weekly indoor bazaar ramps up for the holidays with Sunday shopping events in Wicker Park. Read more …
The Best of the Rest
- Gold Coast women’s boutique Sofia (100 E. Walton St., 312-640-0878, sofialivelovely.com) offers 29 percent (since Black Friday lands on the 29th of the month, of course!) off purchases made in-store and online on Black Friday.
- Old Town consignment shop Luxury Garage Sale (1658 N. Wells St., 312-291-9126, luxurygaragesale.com) holds a one-day-only Black Friday sale, offering 10 percent off a different designers’ duds each hour: Missoni from 10 to 11 a.m.; Valentino from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.; Lanvin from 12 to 1 p.m.; Oscar de la Renta from 1 to 2 p.m.; Chloe from 2 to 3 p.m.; YSL/Saint Laurent from 3 to 4 p.m.; Herve Leger from 4 to 5 p.m.; Pucci from 5 to 6 p.m.; and Gucci from 6 to 7 p.m.
- Bucktown boutique Edith Hart (1917 N. Damen Ave., 773-252- 3350, edithhart.com) marks the entire store (including labels such as Bec & Bridge, DL1961, and Paper Crown) 20 percent off from Black Friday through Cyber Monday. Get the deal in-store or online with free shipping nationwide.
- Chicago-based vegan nail polish brand LVX (shoplvx.com) gives online shoppers 35 percent off their purchase from Black Friday through Sunday with the promo code black35.
- At Andersonville women’s boutique Milk Handmade (5137 N. Clark St., 773-234-7053, milkhandmade.com), shoppers receive an extra 30 percent off already-reduced merchandise and 20 percent off all gift card purchases from Black Friday through Sunday.
- Local jewelry designer Objets D’Envy (objetsdenvy.com) holds a five-day sale from Thanksgiving through Cyber Monday. Get 30 percent off all online orders with code 30off and free shipping with code freeship.
- Edgewater knitting store Sifu Design Studio (6054 N. Broadway, 773-271-7438, sifudesignstudio.com) opens its doors at 6 a.m. on Black Friday. It pays to arrive early: The first five shoppers receive 45 percent off their purchase; the next ten score 40 percent off; the following ten get 30 percent off; and the next ten get 20 percent off. The rest of the day, all shoppers receive 15 percent off.
- Squasht (2556 W Chicago Ave., 773-292-4123, squasht.com) in West Town, known for modern-vintage dresses and accessories created by local designer Lesley Timpe, slashes prices throughout the entire store by 20 percent on Black Friday. Select items will be 50 percent off and purchases over $150 earn a free gift.
- Lake View’s vintage-inspired bridal salon Mignonette (1747 W. Belmont Ave., 773-880-9141, mignonettebridal.com) kicks off Small Business Saturday with its annual accessory and gift sample sale. Find discounts on handmade jewelry, bath and body goods, vintage costume jewelry, glassware, and bridal accessories through December 24.
- Logan Square boutique Wolfbait & B Girls (3131 W. Logan Blvd., 312-698-8685, wolfbaitchicago.com) hooks up shoppers with 20 percent off all apparel on Small Business Saturday.
- Chicago-based e-shop Little Independent (littleindependent.com) deals out 20 percent off all online orders of its hyper-local tees and accessories with code Shop Small on Small Business Saturday.
- The new locally based online kids brand Monica + Andy (monicaandandy.com) serves up free shipping and gift cards with purchases on Cyber Monday. A $75 purchase earns you a $10 gift card; a $150 purchase lands a $25 gift card; a $250 purchase equals a $50 gift card; and a $500 splurge scores a $120 gift card.