Third Time’s a Charm
Topshop wasn’t the only big-name retailer to launch a new spot in the Windy City last week. On September 7, Free People (freepeople.com) opened its third Chicago-area store in Lake View at 3447 North Southport Avenue (773-472-6157). Free People’s new shop—arriving years after the Bucktown (1464 N. Milwaukee Ave.; 773-227-4871) and Highland Park (642 Central Ave., Highland Park; 847-433-1095) locations—took over two shuttered retail spaces in the Southport Corridor (including Flirt, a women’s boutique, and Couture Cleaners dry cleaners). Find a bigger, more eclectic mix of the contemporary, colorful styles the brand is known for in the new location. Fall standouts include crafted cuff thermal shirts in washed pink, indigo, mocha, and kelly green ($68), a floral pattern pullover ($128); an open-stitch poncho in olive ($168); and a shaggy Sherpa coat in white ($298).
Top Sales This Week
Cynthia Rowley (810 W. Armitage Ave., 773-528-6160, cynthiarowley.com) takes up to 80 percent off clothing and accessories during its end-of-season sale Thursday, September 15 through Sunday, September 18. All sales are final.
Belly Dance Maternity (1647 N. Damen Ave., 773-862-1133; 1849 Green Bay Rd., Highland Park, 847-926-0053; bellydancematernity.com) offers 20 percent off all merchandise on Saturday, September 17.
The Best of the Rest
- Cerato (3451 N. Southport Ave.; 773-248-8604, ceratoboutique.com) features 20 percent off Brynn Capella handbags on Saturday, September 17.
- Babydreams (448 Central Ave., Highland Park; 847-432-4704, babydreamshighlandpark.com) takes 20 percent off children’s clothing from Lindsey Berns on Saturday, September 17 and Sunday, September 18.
- The Vintage Bazaar (thevintagebazaar.com) returns on Sunday, September 18 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Located at the Congress Theater (2135 N. Milwaukee Ave.; 773-276-1235), the event features furniture, housewares, décor, clothing, and accessories from more than 70 vendors.
- Randoons (962 ½ Green Bay Rd., Winnetka; 847-784-1890, randoons.com) hosts its eighth annual Sip and Shop for Cystic Fibrosis event on Sunday, September 18 from 12 to 4 p.m. Guests may enter to win raffle prizes and bid on silent auction baskets. Ten percent of all sales during the event go to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
- Krista K Maternity + Baby (3530 N. Southport Ave.; 773-248-4477, kristak.com) features a Japanese Weekend maternity trunk show through Sunday, September 18. Purchase two or more pieces from the brand to receive a 20 percent discount.
- Leslie Hindman (1338 W. Lake St.; 312-280-1212, lesliehindman.com) holds its fine jewelry and timepieces auction on Sunday, September 18 at 12 p.m. and Monday, September 19 at 10 a.m. Previews take place Wednesday, September 14 through Sunday, September 18. Leslie Hindman also holds an auction for vintage couture and accessories on Tuesday, September 20 at 10 a.m., with previews Wednesday, September 14 through Monday, September 19.
- Stella (2116 Central St., Evanston; 847-864-5565, stellaevanston.com) partners with the Sing to Live Community Chorus (singtolive.org) this month to raise money for breast cancer awareness. Shop at the boutique with a coupon downloaded from singtolive.org to donate 20 percent of your purchase to the chorus.
- Branca (17 E. Pearson St.; 312-787-1017, branca.com) offers 30 to 50 percent off antiques, home furnishings, and accessories through Saturday, October 1.
- Wolfbait & B-girls (3131 W. Logan Blvd.; 312-698-8685, wolfbaitchicago.com) takes 20 percent off any single item through Saturday, October 1 for shoppers who say “Autumnal for you” at checkout.
2 weeks ago