- Slowly by surely, the Southport Corridor is losing its independent boutiques. Cerato Boutique (3451 N. Southport Ave., 773-248-8604, ceratoboutique.com) a contemporary women’s shop that has supported local designers for four years, announced today that it will shutter at the end of the month. Now through April 30, find discounts up to 90 percent off in the store.
- To thank its customers for shopping locally for eight years, Wolfbait & B-girls (3131 W. Logan Blvd., 312-698-8685, wolfbaitchicago.com) is holding a 20 to 50 percent off store-wide sale today, April 1, on all of its handmade goods.
- Local designer Killion (2114 W. Grand Ave. #3B, 312-226-0116, shopkillion.com) is cleaning out its studio, and those who sew and craft might snag a good deal. Find sample cuts of fabric, trims, leather scraps, sample garments, and more from 12 to 7 p.m. today and tomorrow, April 1 and 2.
- Gold Coast women’s boutique Sofia (100 E. Walton St., 312-640-0878, sofialivelovely.com) hosts a trunk show with organic and recycled textile brand Groceries on Friday, April 4 from 12 to 7 p.m. Shoppers will get a preview of new items and a sneak preview of the designer’s upcoming lines.
- West Town vintage and indie boutique Dovetail (1452 W. Chicago Ave., 312-508-3398, dovetailchicago.com) hosts a trunk show with Chicago designer Shelby Steiner on Friday, April 4 from 7 to 10 p.m. Vintage clothing will be marked 25 percent off that evening and Dovetail will have a tarot card reader in the store to answer your burning questions ($10 for 10 minutes).
- Today only, get 20 percent off your online purchase from Bucktown shoe shop City Soles with code “APRILFOOLS” at citysoles.com.
- Score 10 to 30 percent off at The Denim Lounge (2039 W. Roscoe St., 773-935-2820, thedenimlounge.com) in Roscoe Village when you crack open one of the store’s Easter eggs, now through April 6.
1 week ago
2 weeks ago