- “Drive-in” flea market Vintage Garage Chicago (vintagegaragechicago.com) returns for its third season on Sunday, April 27. Held in an Uptown parking garage (5051 N. Broadway Ave.), shop everything from vinyl to vintage from 100 Midwest vintage dealers. The market runs from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and admission is $5.
- Threadless (threadless.com) is holding a $5–$8 Sample Sale this Saturday, April 26 at its old Lakeview store (3011 N. Broadway St.). From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. shop t-shirts, tanks, pillows, assorted home items, totes, beach towels, pet accessories and more, all priced $5 to $8. Though most of the apparel for sale will be size medium, there will be limited quantities of additional sizing.
- Roscoe Village holds its annual It’s in the Bag shopping event on Thursday, April 24 from 5 to 9 p.m. Shos along Roscoe Street (between Damen Ave. and Oakley Ave.) at stores like A Pied (2037 W. Roscoe St.), Kickin’ (2118 W. Roscoe St.), and Little Threads (2033 W. Roscoe St.) to receive gifts with your purchase and “mystery envelopes” filled with gift certificates.
- Baby shop Sprout San Francisco (1943 W. Division St., 773-489-0009, sproutsanfrancisco.com) celebrates its second anniversary in Chicago on Thursday, April 24. Join the party from 6 to 8 p.m. for refreshments, a 25 percent discount, and raffle (with $10 donation).
- Home décor store Jayson Home (jaysonhome.com) is holding a Bonus Warehouse Sale to shed excess inventory this weekend. Find the sale at 701 N. Albany Ave. on April 26 and 27 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Local jewelry designer Objets d’Envy (objetsdenvy.com) is holding a Warehouse Sale on Sunday, April 27 from noon to 3 p.m. Her line of handcrafted jewelry with Swarovski crystals will be marked up to 80 percent off, ranging from $5 to $100. Find the sale at Amazing Edibles Gourmet Catering (2419 West 14th St.) and enter off Western Ave.
- Randolph Street Market (randolphstreetmarket.com) holds its last indoor market before the big summer market season kicks off. Shop vintage and antiques at Beaux Arts Plumber’s Hall (1340 W. Washington St) in the West Loop on April 26 and 27 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tickets are $10 at the door or $8 in advance.
- The recently opened Splendid (3510 N. Southport Ave.) store is holding its grand opening party this Saturday, April 26 from 3 to 5:30 p.m. Shoppers will receive 20 percent off all purchases during the event. Plus, bring the kids—A Muse will be on hand to show families how to make friendship bracelets Candyality will be supplying a candy buffet.
- Karli Positano of 10 Crosby Derek Lam (dereklam.com/10crosby) will be at space519 (900 N. Michigan Ave., fifth floor, 312-751-1519, space519.com) for a special shopping event on Thursday, April 24 from 6 to 9 p.m. Shop an expanded selection of spring styles and pre-order fall 2014 styles from Lam, all while sipping champagne.
- It’s Spa Week! Through April 27, a handful of spas in Illinois like Spa Space, Red Door Spa and Lincoln Park Aesthetics are discounted their services to $50. Find the full list at spaweek.com.
- Le Dress (1741 W. Division, 773-697-9855, ledressshop.com) shows off its newly renovated store and spring goods with a grand opening party on Friday, April 25 from 6 to 9 p.m. Stop by for signature cocktail, a DIY cupcake bar, and styling from local bloggers.
- The first Midwest outlet for Italian brand Etro, known for its iconic Paisley pattern, is now open at Fashion Outlets of Chicago (5220 Fashion Outlets Way, Rosemont, 847-928-7500, fashionoutletsofchicago.com). More good news: Parking is now free for the first five hours.
2 weeks ago