Look Like A Modern-Day Lady Mary
From the ethereal gowns to the impeccably dressed staff, the costume design in Downton Abbey makes me yearn for a lady’s maid to help me slip on my silk gloves and pin up my hair before dinner. But for something a little more practical (and tons more comfortable), local designer Denise Allen Robinson of Neesh by D.A.R. created a collection of knits, dresses, and jackets inspired by the British estate. Robinson could see a modern-day Anna wearing this prim and proper long-sleeved dress, while Branson served as inspiration for the trim fit of this boiled wool blazer. It’s all on sale.
Top Sale This Week
The Post-Holiday Sales Rage On
Up to 60 percent off at Barneys New York, 50 percent off at Lanvin and 40 percent off at Furla: The deals on Oak Street are worth bundling up for. Read more.
The Best of the Rest
- If ever there was a place for cashmere undies, it’s Chiberia (the hashtag that won’t quit). Knitwear designer Suzi Johnson of Souchi (1205 W. Webster Ave., 773-687-9638, souchi.com) offers 20 percent off all accessories through January 12. Use code save20 to shop online at souchi.com.
- Citizen Stone (1440 N. Dayton St., 312- 624-9062, citizenstone.com) goes big with its first-ever sale. Clothing, shoes, jewelry, and accessories at the new Lincoln Park boutique for women are marked 25 to 75 percent off.
- Through the end of January, women’s contemporary clothing and accessory store Perchance (11 E. Walton St., 773-244-1300, perchanceboutique.com) holds a storewide 30-percent-off sale. Nearly everything is marked down, so brave the cold and shop the Gold Coast location or stay on the couch and use code SHOP30 at perchanceboutique.com.
- From now until next Tuesday, everything at Edith Hart (1917 N. Damen Ave., 773-252-3350, edithhart.com) is 25 percent off. That’s big savings on contemporary brands for women such as Bec & Bridge, DL1961, and Cameo, along with accessories by Vanessa Mooney, Bella Colletta, and Hanky Panky.
- For the rest of the month, women’s boutique Sofia (100 E. Walton St., 312-640-0878, sofialivelovely.com) dishes out additional discounts on sale items: buy two, get an additional 20 percent off; buy three, get an additional 30 percent off; buy four, get an additional 40 percent off; and spring for five or more to save an additional 50 percent.
- Newish Old Town boutique Roam (1419 N. Wells St., 312-664-2222, facebook.com/1419NWells) is in the midst of an end-of-the-season sale. Men’s and women’s denim, handbags, and apparel from brands including 7 For All Mankind, 10 Crosby-Derek, AG Adriano Goldschmied, and Equipment are marked up to 75 percent off.
- Peruvian Connection (925 W. Armitage Ave., 773-975-4088, peruvianconnection.com), the Lincoln Park outfitter known for its luxuriously warm Alpaca sweaters, is hosting a semi-annual sale in-store and online, now through Sunday. With items marked up to 40 percent off, you can afford to layer.
- Home accessories shop Tabula Tua (1015 W. Armitage Ave., 773-525-3500, tabulatua.com) has extended its renovation sale. From tomorrow through Friday, almost everything in the store is 50 percent off. A few highlights: the ornate Hollandaise Table by Astier de Villatte (originally $10,160) is on sale for $5,080; a Design Legacy Settee (originally priced at $2,500) is now $1,250; and hand embroidered Geography Pillows by Catstudio (originally priced at $158) are now $79.