C/FAN Holds Its First-Ever Sample Sale
Tributes, get ready to storm the cornucopia and go all Hunger Games on this sample sale. C/FAN, the Chicago-based modern fur accessories line (and former women’s wear brand) designed by Christina Fan, is moving from its Wicker Park headquarters to new digs in the Lakeview/Wrigleyville neighborhood. To lighten the load (you remember what it’s like to move), Fan holds her first-ever sample sale today and tomorrow (from 12 to 6 p.m. both days).
More than 200 pieces—many which are exclusive samples and one-of-a-kind C/FAN designs—are marked anywhere from 50 to 90 percent off. The goods include fur accessories, vests, silk pieces, and leather computer portfolios. This is not an annual event and there is no “next time,” folks: This is a one-time-only moving sale.
Directions to the arena: The C/FAN office is located at 1200 North Ashland Avenue, Suite 206. The entrance is just north of the CVS at the corner of Ashland Avenue and Division Street. Dial 206 to be buzzed up to the sale on the second floor—and may the odds be ever in your favor.
The Best of the Rest
- As of yesterday, all merchandise at vintage-inspired shop Florodora (330 S. Dearborn St., 312-212-8860) and Florodora Shoes (348 S. Dearborn St.) is marked 10 to 50 percent off for the store’s bi-annual Scandal Sale. Every. Single. Thing. That includes a ruched sleeveless black dress by Nougat London (regularly $265; now $185.50), three-tone covered heel loafers by Chie Mihara (originally $375; now $167.98), and dyed cashmere scarves by Pavo (regularly $219; now $131.40).
- Here’s an off-season (or in-season, if you’re a diehard) deal for cyclists: The 20-20-20 winter special at Roscoe Village Bikes (2016 W. Roscoe St.; 773-477-7550) is happening right now. Get $20 off a deluxe tune-up and 20 percent off parts and accessories (new tires, bike racks, helmets, bags) with the tune-up, now through February 20.
- Neiman Marcus (737 N. Michigan Ave., 312-642-5900) runs its famous Last Call Sale (that magical time of year when already-reduced merchandise gets marked down even further to 65% off the original price) this Friday through January 30.
- Shop three indoor levels of vintage and indie designer goods this weekend at Randolph Street Market’s Wonderful Winter Market, held inside Historic Plumbers Hall (1340 W. Washington St., 312-666-1200). The event runs Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Grab your tickets online for $8 or at the door for $10.
- Save up to 40 percent on designer children’s clothing and maternity wear at Luxaby Baby & Child (59 East Oak St., 312-280-7905) during the store’s Winter Wonderland Sale, now though January 31.
- Chinese antiques, contemporary art, and furniture are discounted up to 80 percent this weekend during Pagoda Red’s warehouse sale. Shop the deals at 1740 West Webster Avenue; doors are open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and from 12 to 5 p.m. on Sunday.
Openings and Relocations
Gift and stationary store Perennials (2022 Central St., Evanston, 847-475-8327) is moving at the end of February up the way to 1808 Central Street. Until then, nearly everything in the store is a cool 50 percent off.
6 days ago