The Best Sales This Week
- Ukrainian Village shop Study Hall (2016 W. Chicago Ave., 312-733-4255) is holding a 40 percent off site-wide and in-store sale on lots of items for men and women including Spiewak parkas, Lucca Couture sweaters, and Morning Sun fleeces. Enter the appropriate code “toocold” at checkout. FYI: All sales are final.
- Another casualty of the polar vortex: Gold Coast boutique Perchance, has temporarily set up shop at the Waldorf Astoria (11 E. Walton St., 312-646-1300) after a busted pipe flooded the store. Browse in-person or online now through Friday and score major deals on already reduced apparel: Buy one sale item, take 30 percent off (use the code “SALE30”); buy two sale items, take 40 percent off (use the code “SALE40”); or spring for 3 items or more and take 50 percent off (use the code “SALE50”).
- To make room for the new spring dresses, tops, and tanks we’ll hopefully get to wear one day, Wicker Park boutique Trillium (1744 W. Division St., 773-698-8162) hosts a big old sale. Clothing and accessories are marked 30 to 70 percent off, and sale items are an additional 20 percent off. The deals apply both online and in the store.
- Lakeview shop Wrightwood Furniture (3036 N. Lincoln Ave., 773-687-9210), a great place to find a deal on a one-of-a-kind piece, holds its grand opening party Thursday, from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. There will be a full bar, catered food, and door prizes. All purchases made within the next month will benefit the non-profit Designs for Dignity. (Mention the organization when you check out.) Very limited space is available, so RSVP to email@example.com ASAP to attend.
- Cerato Boutique (3451 N. Southport Ave., 773-248-8604) has exploded online. Peruse the Lakeview store’s new online shop to score stuff from local and contemporary designers including Anna Hovet, Sophia Reyes, and Greylin. Enter the code “SHIPME” for gratis shipping, now through February 3.
- More than 100 independent wedding vendors and local artisans take over the Ravenswood Event Center (4043 N. Ravenswood Ave.) this Saturday for Indie Wed. The non-traditional bridal expo runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and tickets are available for $15 online or $20 at the door.
Polish and Pour (1244 N. Wells St., 312-274-9935), formerly Arbre Nail Spa, has significantly upped its game. The recently renovated Old Town location now features a full-service bar, Sex and the City reruns on 10 TVs, and a private party room with an outdoor patio.