- The annual Southport Sidewalk Sale is this weekend. More than 20 Lake View shops—most of them on Southport Avenue between Belmont Avenue and Grace Street—offer deals from 25 to 75 percent off. Peruse the full list of participating stores here.
- Wicker Park women’s boutique Moon Voyage (2010 W. Pierce Ave., 773-423-8853, shopmoonvoyage.com) partners with Solo Salon to create a Pitchfork pre-game soiree. Stop by the store on Saturday and check out a braid bar, sit down for a tarot card reading, and fuel up with mimosas and small bites. While you’re at it, shop the racks for new summer markdowns.
- Wicker Park boutique Sir and Madame commemorates seven years in business with a 70 percent off sale at sirandmadame.com.
- Women’s boutique Krista K has a great online sale going on: Hundreds of newly reduced items from brands like Helmut Lang, Rag & Bone, and J Brand are now listed on kristak.com.
- Summer camp throwback: Hotel Lincoln takes over the south end of Lincoln Park (across from Hotel Lincoln, 1816 N. Clark St.) to host a Tie Dye Party in the Park on Saturday from 10 a.m. to noon. BYO white clothing and head to one of the complimentary tie-dye stations. Plus, show up early and be treated to free nail designs from AstroWifey.
M.A.C. Cosmetics and True Religion Brand Jeans will each open stores at the Shops at North Bridge this fall. Also coming: Neiman Marcus Last Call Studio, now set to open in October.
Home furnishings and optical shop I.D. (3337 N. Halsted St., 773-755-4343, idchicago.com) will double in size when it moves from Lake View to River North (375 W. Erie St.) on August 15. Until then, the design store offers up to 50 percent off select items.